• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Willing to Help (South-East NH/North-East MA)

d3adinthewater

New member
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Epping, NH
Hi! Currently I'm interested in a summer job, or a volunteering opportunity that will earn me experience in the field of reptiles and exotic animals.

I'm currently 17 years old and located in south-east New Hampshire. I'll be graduating high school and going to college in the fall, so I'm looking for a job that will help me save up for that as well as give me a chance to work with various species of animals. My uncle is the owner of Curious Creatures, which is where my love of animals has stemmed from. His facility is currently jam packed full of volunteers and employees, though.

I've been working on and off with animals since I was around 10 years old, since my mother started working for my uncle. I've gone out on educational animal shows with her, holding animals and teaching kids about them. I've helped out in my uncle's facility: cleaning snake racks, spot cleaning tanks and cages, vacuuming, and handling animals to get them accustomed to interaction. I have had animals crap on me, I've been bitten and scratched, etc. Its been a dream of mine to work with animals in the future and learn as much as I can.

I'm interested in anything, really, as long as it involves animals. I would be willing to commute up to 45 minutes away from where I currently am located, for volunteering once or twice a week or having a part- or full-time job during the summer (and even after). If you are located in and around Portsmouth, Manchester, Concord, Hampton, Exeter, NH or Beverly, Danvers, Peabody, Groveland, MA, you can e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested in hiring or having me volunteer!

Thank you!
 
Back
Top