• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Yes! Eggs are here!! (PICS)

Robert Walker

---------------
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
409
Points
0
Location
USA
Thank you to everyone who commented yesterday on the "60 day cutting issue".

So I go into the snake room today and boom, EGGS! My female was in the middle of laying them so she wasn't too happy to see me either. I snapped a shot and am leaving her alone right now.

1st picture is Dad: Butter Pastel
2nd picture: The "deed"
3rd picture Mom laying eggs right now: Bumble Bee

Of all my snakes I had hopes for, this is the one I wanted the most to work out (MANY others didn't work, so this is Gold for me).

Happy herping everyone!! Yahoo!
Robert
 

Attachments

  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 125
That clutch should be gold for most people!! Congrats, and best of luck with your odds!!
 
Thank you both! I would love a Queen Bee, I would love it more if a Super Queen Bee/ Killer Queen Bee decided to make it's home with me!! I know odds are against it but I can still wish right!
 
Bo, Killer Queen is what I "cross-fingered" hoped when got the male to pair with the Bee.

As far as odds Ryan, I feel super lucky...perhaps lady luck will work out again! Fat chance, but maybe!
 
Ok, it appears Mom is done laying eggs (Pic 1).
She ended up with 6 eggs (Pic 2).

Even knowing she was laying eggs, I didn't get them before they stuck together, yes, I'm retarded.

So just my minor observation:
Pied female 1450 g = 3 eggs (I know 1400 is small, sorta an accident, long story)
Albino female 1400 g = 3 eggs
Bee female 2000 g = 6 eggs

Bottom line 500 g more weight = 3 more eggs.

What kind of mother weight to egg ratio are you guys/gals getting???
Thanks
Robert
 

Attachments

  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 118
I just had a female who weighed 1460 grams before breeding lay 5 nice eggs. She weighed 1490 about a week before she laid, and after laying weighed 1028 grams.

I had a female a year ago who was 1350 before breeding, got up to 1369 a week before laying, and went down to 1040 after laying 9 slugs :( After a few meals she was back up to 1350 in no time. She was 3 yrs old, I wouldn't have bred her at that size if she were younger.
 
Oh, also bought a WC gravid YB female who weighed 2450g about 2 weeks before laying. After laying she was 1650g. She laid 8 huge eggs, all fertile.
 
Nice clutch. I swear it seems like every girl here lays 5 eggs. Doesn't matter if they are 1200g or 3200g, it just seems like everyone is a 5 egger. :ack2:
 
Thank you everyone for the "congrats".

Based on what Abby & Matthew has posted, I'm not sure if there is a way to "guesstimate" mother weight to egg ratio. I was hoping to pick up a pattern but if Abby's smaller 1400 BP lays 5 and Matt's huge 3200 drop 5 as well... who knows??:shrug01:

Thanks everyone!
 
Thank you everyone for the "congrats".

Based on what Abby & Matthew has posted, I'm not sure if there is a way to "guesstimate" mother weight to egg ratio. I was hoping to pick up a pattern but if Abby's smaller 1400 BP lays 5 and Matt's huge 3200 drop 5 as well... who knows??:shrug01:

Thanks everyone!

A friend also had a 2000+g female lay 5 eggs, so I think there is more to it than just size/weight... For one, genetics have to play a role, as well as the environment she was kept in during breeding. This is my opinion of course... But some people believe if you feed females heavy right before and during breeding you increase your chance of having more follicles/eggs. Of course this is anecdotal, but figured it's worth mentioning atleast ;)

I also forgot, good luck on the odds! This is an awesome pairing!
 
Congrats on the eggs!! If you hit the odds and have a KQB to spare, ima be keeping my eye open! Keep us updated.

I never power feed before breeding season and so far have had decent to large clutches.
 
Back
Top