• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Your choice for good solid boa cages?

Shadera

Wayward Python Wet Nurse
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
3,272
Reaction score
481
Points
0
Location
Charleston, WV
I'm not so great when it comes to building things, and at some point soon I'm going to have to get serious about permanent boa caging. I've recently upgraded all the ball racks to pvc (my butt still hurts..), and the boas are next. It's never to early to start researching though.

What kind of caging are you boa folks using that you would recommend? I have Bci, Bcc, and a couple dwarf localities. The dwarves especially seem to like to climb so I'd like to be able to include some features in the cage for that and will need the room for it. I'm thinking I really like the Animal Plastics stuff, the T10s in particular. I'm currently using Visions and really like them but I'm not sure if the cost on the larger units is worth it? It's gotta be something I can stack, obviously.

Also, belly heat or radiant heat panels?
 
I currently use the AP T10's and a radiant heat panel that was custom selected based on my description of my cage by Bob Pound and www.pro-products.com
I'm extremely happy with both when it comes to setup and quality.
 
I have boaphiles, neodeshas, prolines and glass reptariums for my BCi. I really like the prolines, the footprint is a little bigger than the boaphiles and for the large girls I like having the 2 doors. I've heard good things about AP cages but haven't used them myself so can't comment.
 
I'm using 4x2x1 Jungle Habitats cages, with 3 sections of 21" flexwatt for my adult female boas...and am happy with both selections (well, the bottom cage doesn't get warm enough for my taste, but I should have that fixed by the time I have to worry about it again).
If I had to make the selection now, I'm not really sure which cages I'd go with. I do like the light weight of the 1/4" PVC, and the bent/welded construction; but there are certainly a number of nice options out there for that style. At the same time, I do like the solidness of my AP racks, so the 1/2 cages do have a draw - and how often do I really move them, lol.

I've also got a 7 high Vision Boa Rack. I like it, for the most part; but if you consider it, keep in mind that the advertised 40x30 is the TOP dimension of the tub. The sides are angle slightly to allow for stacking the tubs inside one another, which leaves a floor area comparable to a 3x2 cage.
 
Back
Top