• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Zoo Med Daylight Blue Bulbs.

David G

New member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
45
Location
Altamonte Springs
This is a complete gripe about the bulbs. I went out and bought 6 bulbs, 3 and a half months ago throughout a months time. Almost all of them from different stores. These bulbs are garbage. For all the newbies that don't know much about reptile supplies, STAY AWAY from these bulbs. These are the crappiest bulbs I've ever gotten. I've written the company and they said they would send me replacements. It's been more than 2 months and still nothing. I've replaced them with ESU full spectrum bulbs and haven't had a problem since. Bad show Zoo Med :hot:
 
I've tested zoo meds, t rex, and hagen bulbs and I have found the Zoo meds to be the longest lasting of the bunch. Most of the ones I have running in my store have been on for 4 months or so roughly 12 hours per day. they do not (none of them do actually) take much abuse when moved or handled while lit. None of mine get touched until they are out for at least 5 minutes, and they are all on solid bases and do not get moved or touched (other than the occasional bump witht eh tank lids)

Steve Schindler
 
I keep mine on a solid socket and everything. They just ended up bursting when i come home later in the day. I havent had any other bulb but these blow up.
 
Back
Top