Ideas to get our message to more people PLEASE READ - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:27 AM   #21
Metachrosis
Great video,makes one all warm an fuzzy
Feeling a ballsy and ready to whip Chuck Norris
Fact is you just sat there afterwards and DID NOTHING!

Old 01-25-2012, 03:13 AM   #22
Morelia4life
Ok. That idea is out... What if we go to the local pet shops and tell them what is going on? Tell them that if they don't help out, all they will be able to sell is cats and dogs.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #23
Metachrosis
Exactly,by the end of this week there should not be a pet store
that doesn't have the notification posted at least twice near their reptile display

Old 01-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #24
Morelia4life
Ok. I just got back from my local pet shop and asked them if they would sign a petition. The manager said she would but she couldn't be sure if I could put of signs near the reptile section to alert other reptile owners without the owner first clearing it. She said the store try's not to get into politics. I am trying to do my part, but we haven't even hit 5,000 signatures yet. How is this possible? Does the reptile nation as a whole not care about this? Do they think the government is just joking around? I know that there is at least 500,000 reptile owners across the U.S., so why don't we have more signatures yet? We only have until Feb. 17.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #25
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morelia4life View Post
Ok. I just got back from my local pet shop and asked them if they would sign a petition. The manager said she would but she couldn't be sure if I could put of signs near the reptile section to alert other reptile owners without the owner first clearing it. She said the store try's not to get into politics. I am trying to do my part, but we haven't even hit 5,000 signatures yet. How is this possible? Does the reptile nation as a whole not care about this? Do they think the government is just joking around? I know that there is at least 500,000 reptile owners across the U.S., so why don't we have more signatures yet? We only have until Feb. 17.
Explain to them that by them not getting into "politics", they may be stuck with merchandise they can't sell or unable to sell fast moving, money making merchandise. My local pet store got ran out of town by PETCO, otherwise I would already have something posted there, guaranteed.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #26
Morelia4life
What about Petco? They have to have people that like or love reptiles there. All pet stores big or small could be losing a crap load of business. Petsmart and petco aren't that big where they can afford to lose money. Are they?

Old 01-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #27
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morelia4life View Post
What about Petco? They have to have people that like or love reptiles there. All pet stores big or small could be losing a crap load of business. Petsmart and petco aren't that big where they can afford to lose money. Are they?
I was referring to local pet stores. I talked to Petco a long time ago. One of the former employees from closed pet store now works at petco, he has a huge collection and handles the reptile part of the store.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #28
Morelia4life
I know you were, but I was asking about petco. The part of Michigan I live in, we have one pet store, Petsupplies plus but then in Portage, we have Petsmart,Petco, and a few others. Would the big pet stores be willing to help you think? I don't know if they would want to since they are the bigger guys.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #29
Metachrosis
NO,the big chains are all about Animal Planet,PETA,HSUS,SPCA
Pets Mart asked me to leave

Old 02-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #30
Mike Gay
Family Style

If the 5,000 people that signed could get 5 family members to sign, we would be done. Unless that's too much trouble

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!