Heating Problem - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-20-2004, 05:50 PM   #1
dahokmog
Heating Problem

Hi everyone. I'm having trouble getting the repterium I have to the right temp for my cham. I'm not even close to where I need to be. I have a powersun 100 wt bulb and a basking bulb that is also 100 watts. Both of these bulbs are still not bring my temp up. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appricated.

Old 08-20-2004, 07:09 PM   #2
alejandro
2 100 wats cant heat up the cage? :-O
what temp do you want? and you should just have one hot place not all the cage

Old 08-21-2004, 12:34 AM   #3
dahokmog
I have a pretty large cage. Directly next to the lights i have the right temp but a foot away it is 10 degrees less. The temp is 85 and should be 95. I have shaded areas of the cage and the lower in the cage the lower the temp goes, which i know i need. I just can't seem to get the basking spot hot enough. I m gonna pick up a 150 watt basking bulb tomorrow and see how that works. I thought the powersun would kick out more heat. I don't want to put it so close that it burns the cham just to get the right temp.

Old 08-22-2004, 10:19 AM   #4
JamieWhitehouse
hmm - two hundred watts should get your basking spot up to 95*f, easily.
How far are they away from your disired hotspot - My suggestion is either up the wattage or manuveur the spotlights so they are closer to the basking spot.

Cheers,

Old 08-30-2004, 04:55 PM   #5
Veiledchamlver
i have a reptarium too. I have the temp at my basking site at 105 with a 100 watt spotbeam bulb. your cage won't melt as long as the bulb isn't touching it. the reflector is ok to touch the cage. and your cham can't touch it if its outside of the cage on the top.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!