Shock and dismay - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-23-2004, 12:57 PM   #1
romad119
Shock and dismay

As a new member of this forum I am quite appalled at the playground antics I read among a group of adults. In fact I have in a short time focused my purchasing interests on, more often then not, the people with more points and warnings. I frequently see that it gets allocated to those that are not part of some type of attempted reptile monopoly.

Better and larger sales should be based off of a persons capacity to provide quality animals at quality prices. Not a bunch of buds teaming up on independent breeders, etc.

I think there needs to be objectivity by all moderators and that their business dealings etc should be kept seperate. They should never ever dispute dealings that involve past or present clients. Or, if not feasible, then pass it off to some reliable senior member?

This is a great forum but first and foremost should be about professional sales and service.

I have seen, first hand, more maturity among the new Afghani and Iraqi governments tehn what is shown here often.

Alan Lesko

Old 10-23-2004, 01:12 PM   #2
Safierdrgn
Huh?
I'd sure want to know how someone ships..IF they ship..and whether or not they did a good job and provided what they advertised. Big "monopolistic" breeder or not..if someone was bad once, maybe it was an honest mistake. But on a lot of these bad guy posts you see a trend.
Maybe I interpreted your post wrong(which could be possible my blood/caffiene content is low).

Your friendly neighborhood babbler -
~Angela Dean

Old 10-23-2004, 01:16 PM   #3
WebSlave
A reptile monopoly? By whom? As far as I can determine, you can't get any three people in this industry to agree on anything, much less form any sort of exclusive monopoly. One of the three would always be looking for an advantage over the other two. Much like playing "cutthroat" on the pool table, for those of you who know what I mean.

Since 99.9 percent of the people coming to this site are going to be involved in business dealings one way or another, how in the world do you expect to find moderators chosen from this group of people who will not have personal involvement in some fashion? This is a very small industry, so likely anyone with a reasonably sound experience base is going to have some involvement with quite a number of people. Objectivity sounds good on paper when you are talking about someone else having it, but it's a whole different ball game when you are in the driver's seat.

Old 10-23-2004, 01:25 PM   #4
romad119
What I am refering to is widely the way things are dealt with. Not the how but the manner. People should be professional. I would think if I ran this forum I would want professionalism to be paramount.

Yes, I would want to talk to people and find out about their business practices etc. But I would never result in name calling, etc. I'm sure there are sales lost just from the amount of BS that appears.

It would be nice to see more educational information and business stuff then just assault and battery. This forum, I'm sure some would agree, had probably creeped away from the original intentions?

Maybe us people looking to buyshould have less visibility on some of the happenings? I know I would like to see feedback ratings and soem warnings but other things I think should be between disgruntled parties.

Just my2 cents.

Old 10-23-2004, 01:47 PM   #5
WebSlave
That's the problem with providing people with a large amount of freedom on a site. It gets abused by a few. Without making you all hip deep in moderators that scrutinize every word in every post and delete everything even slightly varying from straight plain vanilla facts, this is just going to happen when PEOPLE post messages.

Quite frankly, I would much rather err on the side of giving people a little bit too much freedom rather then not enough.

This site is what YOU all make it, not what I and the moderators FORCE upon you all. If you all want a straightjacket put on you when you step into a forum, then you have just come to the wrong place.

Old 10-23-2004, 01:51 PM   #6
romad119
I have seen some posts where you have put a stop to certian behavior and I find that refreshing. I just like a nice place to browse and do some shopping.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!