Call To All members here.... - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #121
Ken Foose
That's not a bad idea, but you have to realize that most of the businessmen that work in this field know about the ban and are doing everything possible to fight it. Please contact everyone you can. The people whose livelihoods depend on this bill not passing are fully aware of the stakes. The most important persons to contact are your Senators and Representatives. They are the ones we need to convince. Congress will be in recess soon, which means that most of the Congressmen will be heading for home. That's the time to make an appointment with them and meet with them in person. Perhaps plan a town hall meeting on the subject, making sure that your representatives are invited. I plan on taking about 200 people with me to see my Senators. Just be polite please. Our job is to educate them, not yell at them or insult them. Teach them about the issue. If we enlighten enough people we shall prevail.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #122
elben7777777
does anyone know if there are groups traveling around and making speaches? im sure this would be a good way to raise awarness about the bill.
by the way i oppose this 100%

Old 12-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #123
cheflavor
Opposed

Old 12-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #124
Tink
opposed and sent an email to friends and family-

Old 12-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #125
Southerncat
Another way to fight the battle

http://www.nationalpetassociation.or...-action-center

Please post this any where and every where!

Old 12-13-2009, 03:21 AM   #126
Shieny
Done!

Old 12-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #127
The Python Lab
i just saw this for the first time today, i wonder how many will be attending?
http://narbc.com/htm2006/tps_index.htm

Old 12-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #128
Strike_Force_Reptiles
I just got word from one of our senators that emails are NOT working! senators wont read them because they can be mass produced and 100s of them sent from 1 person, the only affective way is to call your senators! you can try to call both senators in your state but the Republicans are the only ones thats going to listen. CALL THEM! CALL THEM EVERYDAY!! MAKE YOURSELF A BOTHER TO THEM! THEY WILL HAVE TO LISTEN!

Old 12-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #129
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike_Force_Reptiles View Post
Republicans are the only ones thats going to listen. CALL THEM! CALL THEM EVERYDAY!! MAKE YOURSELF A BOTHER TO THEM! THEY WILL HAVE TO LISTEN!
That just means the dems need called more

They always talk crap about how they're the ones really for the people and the republicans just care about corporations, they need to put their votes where their mouth is.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #130
Strike_Force_Reptiles
[QUOTEThat just means the dems need called more

They always talk crap about how they're the ones really for the people and the republicans just care about corporations, they need to put their votes where their mouth is.[/quote]

LOL even though i agree with you, dems wont listen. they will not return calls BUT CALL THEM ANYWAY! our best hope is reps. i have been told reps have a better call back and willingness to work with the people and besides reps gave a lot on the damn health care plan thats going to screw the young, the old and the poor, if reps say hey now its your turn to give a little or we'll kill whats left of the health care bill the dems have to work with them. another think reps will love it because its a big fu to the dems and their health care bill lol but seriously call ALL Senators and yes call dems more but make sure you get good contact with Reps, they are our best hope

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!