Call To All members here.... - Page 27 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #261
birdman123
Opposed! Man, there is too much of this. Don't they know that this has a part in the economy? This is a fairly big business. Especially, the python business, it is huge.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #262
birdman123
BTW, I think those 56 votes are a mistake or people who feel strongly they are injurious. If anyone by accident voted the wrong way please go on and remove and vote the right way!

Also, I think in general this bill is finding its roots in the problem of people taking their animals (any really!) and leaving them outside. In the south it is good weather for some of those animals but it is bad for the environment.

I disagree with the banning of pythons because that is trouble for the economy and most importantly I own some snakes, two Hogg Island Boas, I would hate to seem them taken away.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #263
cgflash0274
Cathy,

What most snake lovers choose not to understand about the python and boa ban is that many irresponsible snake owners release them, especially in Florida, when the snake gets too big to keep. That is like giving away your child when they get older and more expensive. Another problem with pet care is that a majority of those that want reptiles cannot afford the lifestyle that it requires. Snakes especially require a lot of room and attention and expensive food (the cost of rodents adds up).

The ban on pythons and boas are for those species that are dangerous to the natural environment in Florida. African Rock Pythons and Burmese Pythons, along with Anacondas and Nile Monitors, are destructive to the circle of life. They belong in their natural environment.

Chris

Old 06-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #264
Strike_Force_Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgflash0274 View Post
Cathy,

What most snake lovers choose not to understand about the python and boa ban is that many irresponsible snake owners release them, especially in Florida, when the snake gets too big to keep. That is like giving away your child when they get older and more expensive. Another problem with pet care is that a majority of those that want reptiles cannot afford the lifestyle that it requires. Snakes especially require a lot of room and attention and expensive food (the cost of rodents adds up).

The ban on pythons and boas are for those species that are dangerous to the natural environment in Florida. African Rock Pythons and Burmese Pythons, along with Anacondas and Nile Monitors, are destructive to the circle of life. They belong in their natural environment.

Chris
ok who are we talking to here, are you a PETA prick or a HSUS bum? the Fl problem has been taken care of. there is no point in a ban. only ignorant people like yourself would blindly side with a bill like this. these snakes are #1 not as dangerous as made out to be if handled properly, caged properly and handled with respect. #2 gators eat the same thing as these snakes do and they are naturally here(not saying these snakes should be released) #3 these snakes can not live in the wild outside of southern FL. do your research before defending a bill purposed by a bunch of people as ignorant as your statement. if you would like to get on the enviroment issue, the most dangerous animal to the enviroment is HUMANS, so maybe we all should go back to our homeland? atleast the native americans took care of and respected this country and we come here to build cities, hunt and destroy animals for amusement, spill oil everywhere, destroy forests and drive the animals out of their home(and people wonder why more bears are showing up in cities?) contaminate our own water ways, and i can just keep going. what i am getting at is just think before you speak. 99% of dogs dont belong here, cats dont belong here, sheep dont belong here, cows dont belong here, some horses dont belong here, and i could keep going on but please think, think, think, think! might get you farther down the road

Old 06-12-2010, 12:08 AM   #265
kmarsh
Chris,
I don't know if I am the cathy that you are referring to, I looked back a few pages and didnt see another Kathy. So I will answer you. The evidence just does NOT bare out with facts. The cold snap did a number on iguanas and snakes alike down there. I know here in GA even in a heated room we had one nite without power and one of my snakes passed after that so I am not convinced that snakes living out side in those cold temps weren't effected as well. Nature has a way of correcting herself and I am SICK and TIRED of hearing that the snakes are only loose because of irresponsible pet owners that turn them out. I find that hard to beleive when I see so many for sale here on Fauna and anyone with half a brain wouldn't turn loose a snake they could sell. WE can debate this all you would like but I am tired of the few dictating what the majority will do because they tend to whine louder and buy more support. I agree with William above in all the statements he made as well. I DEMAND my rights to be respected just as others demand as well. Just because FL has a problem doesnt mean that the other 49 states must pay by having their rights taken away as well.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:29 AM   #266
Strike_Force_Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarsh View Post
Chris,
I don't know if I am the cathy that you are referring to, I looked back a few pages and didnt see another Kathy. So I will answer you. The evidence just does NOT bare out with facts. The cold snap did a number on iguanas and snakes alike down there. I know here in GA even in a heated room we had one nite without power and one of my snakes passed after that so I am not convinced that snakes living out side in those cold temps weren't effected as well. Nature has a way of correcting herself and I am SICK and TIRED of hearing that the snakes are only loose because of irresponsible pet owners that turn them out. I find that hard to beleive when I see so many for sale here on Fauna and anyone with half a brain wouldn't turn loose a snake they could sell. WE can debate this all you would like but I am tired of the few dictating what the majority will do because they tend to whine louder and buy more support. I agree with William above in all the statements he made as well. I DEMAND my rights to be respected just as others demand as well. Just because FL has a problem doesnt mean that the other 49 states must pay by having their rights taken away as well.
thank you Kathy!

Christian you and your other PETA pricks and HSUS bums are not welcome here! this place is for real people with a brain. WE WILL NOT BE CONTROLED! WE WILL NOT TAKE THE BS FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOU! BE GONE!!

Old 06-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #267
SnakeLady1990
I voted! Here are the results as of June 12th at 8:45 am. We are kickin butt:
4%.Users Support Bill
56 in favor / 1344 opposed

Old 06-15-2010, 03:40 AM   #268
Behindblueyes21
OPPOSED!!

Old 06-18-2010, 12:33 AM   #269
eNatural
Voted against!

Old 06-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #270
Brett Boller
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h2811/show Dont forget to oppose this one as well!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!