My favorite snake (Shag) surprised me this morning! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #21
Yaz23
How long was the male in there? Did she look gravid? Maybe she died of complications??

Congrats again on the carpets! What were the dam and sire of the little guys?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #22
mudmantim
They were a couple for almost the entire time since last July, except for a month or so when they were separated and cooled.

She didn't look gravid, but I really don't know.

The male was a lazy fat guy, I only witnessed copulation once.

Female carpet was a normal looking Irian Jaya and the male is a spitfire, or something like that.

-Tim

Old 04-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #23
Yaz23
Honestly, she may have been gravid and you never noticed. She could have died from complications or if she was gravid (for awhile) and you still had the male in there for a long time she could have been very stressed out and couldnt lay her clutch because of the male in there so she ended up passing away. Maybe you want to get an ultrasound done to her. Does she look thicker than normal (even by a little bit)? Have you been offering her food (if so, has she taken it?)

I'm almost 100% sure my albino is gravid and she doesnt even look that much thicker than normal, so you honestly may just be overlooking it...

Old 04-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #24
mudmantim
She looked absolutely normal, not even any scale separation or anything that indicate she was abnormally fatter around.

I haven't offered food for a little while and if I did she didn't take it. But, she did eat a small rat March 9th with the last time before that being January 22nd.

On the Carpet Python babies; All 17 were alive, the last one just came out of his shell during the night and died, and two of them escaped out of the sealed incubator (I don't have a clue as to how either).
So, I have 14 great looking Carpet babies left that are separated in their own drawers and doing well.

-Tim

Old 04-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #25
Yaz23
Well if she didnt look bigger at all she probably wasnt gravid so I guess you can eliminate that idea. Did you bring her somewhere to get checked out to see how she passed?

Gorgeous carpets man, congrats again! I'm excited about all the babies I have that will be coming out in the next 1-2 months!

Old 04-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #26
mudmantim
I haven't located a reptile vet yet in Michigan that I would trust to know what they were talking about but I am looking. It may be too late though, she's been in the freezer since the day she died.

Thanks, these babies have lots of red bellies, I'm hoping it really takes off after a few sheds.

-Tim

Old 04-18-2010, 12:48 AM   #27
Yaz23
Your right, it wouldnt be worth going to a vet that is unsure of what he/she is doing. I would ask around to anyone in Michigan for a good exotic animal vet just incase if you ever need one.

Post some pics of the little guys after a few sheds!

Old 04-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #28
mudmantim
I have a question out to someone who will help me on this. I do want to know why she died.

I will post pics later on, these babies are really nice.

-Tim

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!