My favorite snake (Shag) surprised me this morning! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
mudmantim
My favorite snake (Shag) surprised me this morning!

Happy (day before) Valentine's Day to me!

She is a 10+ year old Irian Jaya Carpet Python that I've had since she was a baby. This is the outcome of her very first breeding attempt.

They are now safe in the incubator. Hope all goes well, this is my first (planned) egg birth.

Shag was great, didn't hiss, bite or even act like she didn't want me messing with her.

Only sad thing is that it's been over an hour, I even cleaned/washed out her home before putting her back in, and she's still hunting for her eggs.

Thanks for looking.
-Tim

Old 02-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
ChaoticNightsReptile
Gratz on your 1st clutch

Old 02-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
Twizted Paths
Congrats

Not trying to be funny but did you remember to wash her off, too?

Old 02-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
mudmantim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
Congrats

Not trying to be funny but did you remember to wash her off, too?
I didn't even think about washing her, is that something that I should do? Probably, huh?

Thanks.
-Tim

Old 02-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
mudmantim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticNightsReptile View Post
Gratz on your 1st clutch
Thanks.

I hope to have a clutch of Coastals soon also. The female doesn't really look pregnant but she just started acting funny today.

-Tim

Old 02-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
Twizted Paths
That's what I had to do with a retic I had that decided to try to lay w/o being breed.

Wash her, the cage and any thing in it (water bowls etc) again, toss her a rattie & she should chill out.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #7
mudmantim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
That's what I had to do with a retic I had that decided to try to lay w/o being breed.

Wash her, the cage and any thing in it (water bowls etc) again, toss her a rattie & she should chill out.
I had her cage all cleaned, new aspen and a different water bowl and water too.

Now, she is dishwater clean...even smells like Dawn now.

I suppose that I should clean everything again? This time cleaning her and everything before she gets put back in?

I'm not looking forward to the day my Retic lays, removing those eggs won't be as easy...I can just bet on that.

Thanks.
-Tim

Old 02-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
mudmantim
Oh, and I should feed her today? This soon?

-Tim

Old 02-14-2010, 01:38 AM   #9
Twizted Paths
Sorry for the late reply, company wandered over.

Yeah you should rewash if she hasn't settled. Hopefully she's ok now?

I gave my girl a rabbit right away & she ate it and chilled out.

I might have had a relatively easy time getting her off them because hers weren't viable (& she was super sweet to begin with).

Hopefully somebody with more experience will chime in.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #10
mudmantim
Well, I washed her again and cleaned out her home. She is really starting to calm down but she still likes to just lay in the same spot she had her eggs...kinda sad, really.

Anyway, it will be rat time tomorrow for her.

Thanks for your help.
-Tim

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!