Bad Guy possible skammer(joseydiann) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #21
joseydiann
Thanks..

Seems someone is now asking about him http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=170444

And I'm not saying a word on that post!

Old 03-25-2010, 10:16 AM   #22
geckoman2
listen i deleled my add because it turned into a discusssion so i will be puting it back up to nite when i get donr work.I wish i didnt delete all my emails from her becuase she stated twice you ship out tomorrow and i will ship out monday and she said that 1 of my snakes was only worth $30 it was an 09 male candycane the deal was for 1.2 adult corns and the 09 for 3 adult leos and 3 babys for 1 thing i told her i wanted adult females not males but she kept throwing these males at me so i agreed on 2 males and 1 female and 3 babys and what would i do with babys beside make an add and sell them i felti was doing her a favor she contacted me.i just really wanted to sell or trade these snakes i need the room really bad so if thats all that she was offering i would take it.I will post in my next trade adds phone call required because i just dont trust sending out my reptiles with the hopes that they with send mine and i gave her my number told her to call me or give me hers and i will call her.This whole thing is crazy i put up the boi becuase i consider all her actions very suspicious not talking before shipping only email communication is just crazy.I never met her and i dont know anything about her but im supposed to just ship 4 days befor her because she says shes a good guy .Sorry but i was just tryn to let people know to watchout for her becuase she is suspicious.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #23
farfrumugen
just some fyi

this isnt entirely about this post but as a person who buys more animals than they sell i would like to add some things.
i always do a boi search before i purchase and i always read the post and not just go by headers. so your name may pop up on a search but most actually read the discussion first so its not that bad.

as far as the no phone thing. if i ask a seller to talk i EXPECT them to talk. it is a safe guard for the buyer. it gives proof on paper of where the buyer is located in case of fraud. i do business with people with out talking to them but if i ask to talk on the phone that means i have a reason that i want to talk to you. and if you dont their is a good chance i wont buy from you
adam jeffery

Old 03-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #24
wyldwurm
ALL of my snakes were purchased without EVER speaking to the people I bought them from over the phone. If I used your ideology, I would owe a lot of people a serious apology.

You were wrong to post this - period. I tell ya, if it were my ad she responded to and she offered to add Males to the mix, the LAST thing I would do is complain.

The way your posts read, it seems you are just upset that she was willing to ship CORRECTLY in the beginning of the week. So you had to wait a few days and you didn't like that.

This bad guy post is plainly posted out of spite. You owe her a serious apology.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #25
StrictlyExotics

Old 03-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #26
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfrumugen View Post
this isnt entirely about this post but as a person who buys more animals than they sell i would like to add some things.
i always do a boi search before i purchase and i always read the post and not just go by headers. so your name may pop up on a search but most actually read the discussion first so its not that bad.

as far as the no phone thing. if i ask a seller to talk i EXPECT them to talk. it is a safe guard for the buyer. it gives proof on paper of where the buyer is located in case of fraud. i do business with people with out talking to them but if i ask to talk on the phone that means i have a reason that i want to talk to you. and if you dont their is a good chance i wont buy from you
adam jeffery
Adam, how is talking on the phone a safeguard? Also how does it give proof on paper as it was a discussion on the phone? A phone number gives you no location as to someones whereabouts. I think you might have mistyped the info you were wanting to say.

Now, as I stated before, I PREFER written over verbal for the papertrail. I understand that people want to talk to you on the phone and I will accept phone calls, if I feel like it. If its a larger purchase, I can be at your beck and call. If its a small, 30.00 Corn, if you cant handle that through paper, I can keep it.

Phone calls are not a convienience anymore. How do you handle it when you do call someone and their phone is ringing with other prospective buyers when you are placed on hold? There are too many intangibles when it comes to talking on the phone as well as it being hearsay.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #27
geckoman2
i have ordered many reptiles without ever talking on the phone also but a trade is different sorry if any1 thinks different and i did not post this out of spite like i said possible skammer i will be deleting this later 2day beans so many people have so many different views and i dont really care all i was telling the fauna community that we might have a possible skammer so to lookout for her.FYI i usually always talk on the phone before i sell i have only sold 3 times on fauna and i gave them all my number it just so happens that all 3 of the buyers never said anything 1 of the buyers i have almost a weekly contact with by texting on my cell so and she seems pretty satisfied.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #28
StrictlyExotics
John, one thing about the BOI, once its here, its here for good. Whatever you say here CANNOT be deleted. This is why you will get many responses here.

Its ok to post here, but you should fully understand as well as communicate with your customer, even though its a "trade", you are still each others customer. When posting a bad guy or "possible skammer" thread, you should have exhausted all other options before you label someone. This label can ruin someones business even if thats not the intent of the OP, which is you.

Anyhow, I hope you both can work through your threads and get back to doind what you need to do.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #29
capt._howdy
i some what agree with not wanting to take phone calls for a sale/trade. I also feel that as long as your mention the important parts of the phone call threw email so you do have a paper trail. For some people talking to the person over the phone puts them more at ease for doing a trade i know it did with me but like i mentioned before i put all the details of the phone call threw email so just in case i got burned i had prof of what was disclosed over the phone. The op jump the gun on this bad guy thread BIG time so honestly Amanda i wouldn't worry about this one thread.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #30
Utta
BOI posts are permanent John. its here forever.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!