Bob Kirk (Rob Exotics) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-27-2003, 05:40 PM   #1
CFoley
Bob Kirk (Rob Exotics)

GOOD GUY. I have seen many bad posts about this guy. I don't know what went on, but hes far from bad.

The trade was:

my 0.1 20" EA gabby and 0.1 24" EA green mamba for his 1.1 adult javan spitters.

I also gave him $150 for a large cage that he built, it is built nice, 6'x3'x2'. It is made into 5-6 secions that are individually lighted. With glass hinged doors. Im not good at descriptions, if it means that much to anyone, ill take pics.

Anyway...the trade went great, his animals are just as he said they were. Not to mention, Him and someone else (father?). Drove all the way out to my house from Elkton MD. They carried that HEAVY cage down the steps into my basement....we had to knock out a damn wall for that...But they got it there, we put the cobras in it, he took his animals and money, and everything went well.

Again, I dont know where you people got all of this bad stuff, but this should be enough...

Thanks
Chris Foley

Old 03-27-2003, 06:01 PM   #2
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Well for one he made up accusations about me and my business, told many lies, and then admitted he did it only to make a point, which he did. He proved he was not to be trusted in my eyes.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=Robert+Kirk
Also He has done a few things to others that were not very honest or make him look like anything other than a bad guy.

Old 03-27-2003, 06:03 PM   #3
biff
Chris...I've never bought from Bob, but I've sold to him(the javas, actually). Things went very smoothly, he seems like a nice guy. He got in trouble on here by responding negatively and violently to various posts. In addition he made up some bogus claim about some guy (Rob, I think) because Rob slammed him in an earlier post. That stuff is fact , recorded somewhere here.

Then a guy posted about a deal that went sour...but it seems that was just he said/she said stuff...unfortunately Bob had a bad rep. at that time.

Other than "I'll be over in an hour" and then never showing, or "hold those for me" (yeah right), or "I'll get a pair also and we'll save on shipping" (lol), he's been a decent guy TO ME.

Old 03-27-2003, 06:05 PM   #4
biff
looks like Rob beat me to the punch...

Old 03-27-2003, 06:07 PM   #5
CFoley
Same here, I can not speak for everyone. I dont however, find myself special, and dont know why he would treat me better than anyone else.

I do see the posts tho, and i cant just say they are lies. What I will do though, is stay out of that, because one, I dont know the situations, and I didnt know him at the time.

All I am saying is OUR business went fine.

Chris Foley

Old 03-28-2003, 08:25 AM   #6
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Chris,

There is no reason for you to
Quote:
and i cant just say they are lies.
As he admitted himself what he did against me and my company was for no reason other than to make a point. He is in my eyes a VERY BAD GUY. and should be avoided because of it. I can not speak for the other situations as I did not have first hand knowledge of them but in my case I do. He said lies, made up stories about me and my company only to make a point he wanted to. Well he did make the point. He made it clear, he is not a good guy. I am glad your deal went well with him but don't let that lull you into a false sense of assurance. Always be careful.

Old 03-28-2003, 11:22 AM   #7
CFoley
Will do Rob. I have only met the guy once, and our deal was all in person.

I dont care if you have the worst reputation in the industry, if the deal is in person, and you have nice animals at a good deal Ill work with you. This excludes bad reputation involving theft however.

And thats what we did, from what Ive heard, I don't think I would have done any shipping deals if he was farther away. However, I probably would now.

Just my Opinion...

- Chris Foley

Old 03-28-2003, 12:26 PM   #8
Darin Chappell
Chris,

You wrote: "I dont care if you have the worst reputation in the industry, if the deal is in person, and you have nice animals at a good deal Ill work with you. This excludes bad reputation involving theft however."

I understand what you are saying there, and it makes perfect sense for you, the individual, so long as you are ONLY considering your individual deal. However, I think there is another level you might want to consider in the "big picture."

What you might be doing is helping a bad guy stay in business. Sure, you can meet him face to face because you two live close enough to one another (or whatever) to meet in person. But what about the poor schmuck in Cow Pie, Montanna, who depends upon internet sales for his animals? How is he supposed go through all of the same measures you do in a face to face meeting? Obviously, he cannot, but he is supposed to just trust this guy because of your experience with Bob when you WERE face to face?? I think not.

So, yes, you can keep yourself safe from being taken (most times) when you deal with someone as you did with Bob Kirk, but you are not helping the overall herping community in the process. Instead, you are helping to keep a bad guy in business so that he CAN rip off someone else long distance. Maybe you can live with that . . . I can't.

Old 03-28-2003, 02:41 PM   #9
CFoley
I could understand if he ruined a company, stole massive amounts of money off of animals, but I dont see that at all.

I also cant say favortism and state that he is misunderstood, because that also would be wrong.

I used to be on this BOI for all kinds of bad things, however, I havent screwed anyone over with anything that hasnt been fixed, and everyone hated me. None of you know that besides the fact that Im telling you now. We could have already delt, or we could in the future and YOU WOULD HAVE NO IDEA. I would not rob you, fraud you, or purposely cause any inconvenience, and you wouldnt know.

Being that I had such a bad name, how come I have a fairly good one now? One can not build up is reputation if all you do is bash him for the past. Everyone that is complaining about him, how come you never did anything about it? You apparently didnt do much ,therefore it must not have been that important, or you just let it go and decided to try and ruin his name.
For that reason is why i rarely post on these boards.

Chris Foley

Old 03-28-2003, 03:03 PM   #10
Darin Chappell
Thanks, Chris.

You've cleared up any questions we might have had about your position on all of this "good guy/bad guy" scenario very well! It's refreshing to have someone just completely let you know what to expect from them when it comes to taking a stand for the right before you actually try to depend on them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!