Bad Guy Olivia Cason AKA ballchick90 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
Charles87
Thumbs down Olivia Cason AKA ballchick90

Hi, I just wanted to share the experience I had with Olivia Cason, the past few days. I saw she had posted a female spider ball python for $200 so I contacted her to find out a little more about it and where I had to go to pick it up cause she was not wanting to ship, So she informs me that she is in Louisville, Kentucky 40214, I look it up and it's a little over 2 1/2 hrs away so I was looking at a 5 hr trip + the GAS to get there.... So I e-mail her letting her know I wanted the snake and wanted to set up a day and time to come pick the snake up... It took a few days for her to get back with me which I was fine with but when she gets back with me by e-mail she lets me know that she works late on the weekends and works in the morning during the week so anytime in the evening would be fine. I let her know that I was going to try and come down on Wednesday. During this time I saw she up the price to 250... I was thinking why would she do this when She already said I could buy her at the $200 price lol. Then a day or so later she up's the price again to $300 this time. I pmed and e-mailed her this morning cause I have not herd from her in a day or so, I asked where she wanted to meet and what time and gave her my cell number to text if that was easier for her to contact me by not to long after that I get a texed saying This is Olivia with the spider ball. She is pending sale today to someone for $250 Unless you can do more she is sold! Oh I was pissed lol I Thought we had a deal! the she tries to pull the well you didn't send me no money, I would of if you asked me to! I was going to pay for the snake when I picked her up!
Originally Posted by Charles87
Quote:Hi could you tell me a little more about her like if she has a crazy wobble and how long you have had her, how long has she been on rats? Are you looking for any trades? How much if she is picked up

Originally Posted by ballchick90
Quote:She has very little wobble. all Spiders have it obviously, but it is not noticeable in her. I've had her for a year, she's been on rats the whole time. she is on F/T. I'm not looking for trades right now. She's $200

Originally Posted by Charles87
Quote:Ok yeah but some have a crazy wobble, Whats your address so I can find out how far of a drive I would be looking at and gas if I picked her up.

Quote:Louisville, Kentucky 40214

Originally Posted by Charles87?
Am I going to be able to buy the snake or not lol?

Quote:sorry I dont check my pms that much. I'll do 200 for you since you responded before I changed it. but I had so many replies I bumped up the price. email me olivia.cason@yahoo.com so we can decide a time and place

Here is her reply to my e-mail:

anytime in the afternoon this week. I work tonight and tomorrow night but during the week I work early in the morning.

To: olivia.cason@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, July 8, 2011 11:34 PM
Subject: Female Spider

Hi it's Charles the one that wants to but the snake What would be a good day for you to meet up so I can buy the snake?

Thanks

All in all I would NEVER! do any kinda business with her again And who every does be !!! VERY CAREFUL !!! Cause we DID have a deal and she sold the snake to someone els....

Thanks to a wonderful way to start the day lol!

Charles Napier

Old 07-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Focal
I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Most of the time when people do that they lose the serious buyer in exchange for a flaker and it bites them in the butt. You'll definitely find another for $200.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
tenchu
Yeah dont be too upset Some people just dont believe in a verbal agreement. OR what happens is they realize they can get more for something and give the original buyer the cold shoulder. This just happend to me with some dvds. guy posted them for $60 when i emailed him he said $90 It happens.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
smb2585
Add them to the "do not do business with" list lol. and yea... Spiders are all over this site.. and at shows... keep looking!

Old 07-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
Shadera
It's common practice not to hold a snake without some sort of deposit. Anyone who has spent more than a passing glance in ball pythons can relate dozens of stories where people flaked on a "done" deal. Word means nothing. Money talks.

You notify her of this thread so we can hear her side?

Old 07-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
edf01
I agree, I have adds up, and some of the snakes were spoken for at least once, some 2-3 times.

Advice for in the future- simply ask if you need to put a deposit down to hold the snake.

But a person who would do that to you isn't worth your business. If they are dishonest like that- especially saying that they will break their deal with this other person to sell back to you for a higher price- are they really going to be honest about the snake and its condition?

There are a lot of snake breeders out there, I am sure you will find one more honest to reward with a purchase for their hard, upfront and honest work.

At least you didnt drive all the way down there to find this out.

Janet Kovacic

Old 07-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
Matt2979
Until I receive money for a snake that I have for sale, I cannot hold it. I just recently had a trade pending that the other party (no one involved in this dispute) offered. After my asking if he was sure that he was good to go, and explaining that I was planning to take my half of the trade to Repticon--where I was vending--he said that he definitely wanted it and was really looking forward to it. Don't you know that he never followed through!

No matter how good YOUR word may be, it's impossible for a seller to consider something sold without money in hand. At least you didn't make the drive for nothing!

Old 07-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
Revolution1221
Its really all about good communication. When you really want an animal make sure you come to an understanding quick about wether or not they plan to hold it or if you need to put a deposit down. From the e-mails it definately seems like you had a pretty good verbal agreement and strong plans. She should have informed you that she had no intention of holding on to it, but you also should have made sure the snake was being held. I do feel its completely wrong to advertise an animal at one price than take best offer. If you discover its worth more than you should greatly appologize to the buyer and let them know you didn't realize the true value of the animal and that the price is going to be raised. Dont say "This is Olivia with the spider ball. She is pending sale today to someone for $250 Unless you can do more she is sold!" That just comes across as rude. I know with me if I am in no rush to sell an animal I will wait on a buyer knowing they could back out but hey thats business. If I have to sell an animal fast than I will let that person know right off the bat that I cannot hold it I will not lead them on. And if I am going to take best offer than I will most certainly state that in the add.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #9
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution1221 View Post
If you discover its worth more than you should greatly appologize to the buyer and let them know you didn't realize the true value of the animal and that the price is going to be raised.
Surely you do not mean that. Is that how you would do business?

Old 07-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #10
David Scarboro
To further expound...

I do keep or sell reptiles or any other animal any more. I prefer to spend my spare time in the field, herping and doing conservation work, mainly relocation and habitat restoration. Having said that however, when I did deal in animals, you can bet that if I gave you a price, I would honor it. Even if it was not profitable to me. That is just good business. I think more of myself than to go to someone and say that I realized it is worth more than I quoted and now I am going to have to raise the price. That is for small people with low scruples, and is part of the problem that is descending like a plague on the reptile (and animal) world today. JMHO

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!