Different ways to post photos? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-17-2005, 11:53 AM   #1
reptilebreeder
Different ways to post photos?

I've noticed that posts with pictures can look different.
One way is the picture is in a box that says "attachment" or "attached file" (crap I already forgot what it says, and I was just looking at one-LOL) in the second type of post, the picture doesn't have the box or the "attached file" more like the picture is actually part of the post, rather than an attachment.
Also, of the two different types of picture posts, one type seems to load a little faster on my Dial-up.

Just wondered if anybody knew what the difference was, or how the ones that don't seem to be attachments were posted.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:06 PM   #2
Jim O
John,

The basic way is to "attach" the image to your post having it stored on fauna's web server. Those are size limited and appear at the end of the post.

To place an image within the post, it needs to reside on an external server and then be linked to between a pair of image tags ([IMG]full_path_to_web_address_of_photo_here[/IMG]) like the following which is in my photobucket.com account:

At the end of the post is one that I "attached" to the post. BTW, that is not my snake. I photographed it at Ben Siegel's table at the most recent Raleigh, NC show with his permission.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20050430Canary_sm.jpg (46.4 KB, 46 views)

Old 06-17-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
reptilebreeder
Okay. Thanks Jim. I've been doing the attached method. Your post also helped me remember which one loads faster, as I'm still waiting for the first photo , which makes sense that the attached ones would load faster, as they reside on this server.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:28 PM   #4
Jim O
Actually the speed is not necessarily related to where they are stored as the links take you to the respective server and the other may be faster than fauna's. It more likely is a size issue. The in-line image is 332K vs 46K for the attached image.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!