• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

60 days...time to cut eggs or still wait???

Krystal - Before I put the eggs in the incubator I "tried" to figure out the correct temp to set the incubator at. Almost everything I read said 89 like you mentioned. I then remember a thread here about people using 87 instead and that their babies absorbed more yolk and ended up with bigger babies.

I agree, I think I will be changing it to 89 on future clutches. THANK YOU for your response!

You can incubate at 87 if you want. It shouldn't matter at all. :) I think the only thing to worry about is incubating significantly above 90.

I kinda doubt the whole "absorbs more yolk" thing, but it'll be interesting to see how yours come out!
 
How are the babies doing now. Post some new pics of them. Those are great pairings that people wait years and years to finally produce. Great job.... I've got my first clutch of the year in my incubator and they're just over 30 days. This is my tenth clutch over the past 3 years. The wait still kills me and I hope that the excitement never goes away.
 
Everyone is doing GREAT!

John - Here are some pictures of the babies as they made it out of the eggs and a couple of the pieds more recently. The girl pied is low white with a full stripe down her back like her father. I still have the bee x butter pastel clutch in the incubator right now, also another 35 days to go. Waiting stinks, but in the end it is worth it. Good luck with your clutches too!!
 

Attachments

  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 108
Thanks Matt! I don't know how common a full stripe is on a pied? She is cool all the same. Good luck with your clutches and thanks for always commenting.
 
That pied with the stripe is so cool! I would love to breed a snake like that one day! Are the markings of the parents able to be passed to the offspring? I don't mean like the different morphs but like say, if you bred that beautiful pied you have is there a chance it may pass the stripe on? Sorry for the question, I'm new to breeding and very curious :)
 
Thanks for all of the comments everyone, I appreciate it. The question asked, "will the striped girl pied past the stripe on??" I have no idea. Here is a picture of her father (low-white) pied. I just took this picture about an hour ago. You can see his stripe is pretty good but has some breaks. The mother of the striped pied girl is a higher white mother (see pics)

So bottom line, will it pass on...I don't know? Any thoughts by anyone else??
 

Attachments

  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 55
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top