• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Recent content by WebSlave

  1. WebSlave

    How to become a paying member of FaunaClassifieds (revised edition)

    That is all well and good, but this particular problem about payment vehicles would not explain the drastic drop in raw traffic to this site at all. In all metrics I have seen, people willing to contribute financially to a site is always going to be a very small percentage of the total number of...
  2. WebSlave

    Playing with the excavator

    "Stadium sized hole"? Man, that would be a full time job and would have to take place on your own private property. Much more work than I would be willing to do. I live on 50 acres and such a hole would pretty much upend my entire property. Can't say I would be willing to do something like...
  3. WebSlave

    Playing with the excavator

    I think this thing will dig down something like 7 or 8 feet, if I remember correctly. I have dug several holes here just playing around, but the only thing I have dug up is sand, sand, and, well, MORE sand. But I do think there are patches of clay here and there on my property. Would be great...
  4. WebSlave

    Why Zombie Deer Disease Is a Biological Nightmare

    Thoughts that popped into my head watching this: Deer commonly access areas where cattle also are present. Are the cattle that produce our beef for our tables also possible to be infected? Deer commonly access fields where food crops are being grown. Can these food crops uptake the prions...
  5. WebSlave

    Playing with the excavator

    Figured I would post the last few videos I took of me playing with the excavator. Mostly of me removing a big pine tree stump in a clearing I have been working on lately. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3PJzokeesw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61oD4q_XXQc
  6. WebSlave

    Just awesome!!

    Watch the drummer. Just a little kid, yet an incredible drummer.
  7. WebSlave

    So is this how it starts? Or how it ends?

    Easy question with an easy answer: Lack of financial support and overall evaporating traffic. Site is just barely operating in the black, and over the last couple of years I don't see any signs of it improving. Sorry, but I am not digging into my retirement funds to provide people a place to...
  8. WebSlave

    So is this how it starts? Or how it ends?

    Shutting it down.
  9. WebSlave

    So is this how it starts? Or how it ends?

    Except for muttering under my breath at the grocery store or something, I don't talk to myself then. But I do spontaneously talk to people when the opportunity arises. Usually to get a laugh at something humorous. So I still seem to have a sense of humor. I always have liked to make people...
  10. WebSlave

    So is this how it starts? Or how it ends?

    I don't think solitude will ever be addictive to me. Up till Connie dying, I had never really been alone at any time in my life. And suddenly it was thrust upon me. I seriously think that had I lived in an apartment or condo or something where I had nothing to do outside, I would have lost all...
  11. WebSlave

    Bunny blasters on the job.

    Everything is all tied together now. Especially in relation to advertising. I don't care where or how you might discuss something you are interested in, very quickly all of the platforms will start bombarding you with advertisements in that product group. Of course, I don't have any sort of...
  12. WebSlave

    So is this how it starts? Or how it ends?

    I am living alone now. And I am not sure whether it is just to fill the silence with noise or something more "loose marbles" is taking place. But I find myself talking to myself quite often. Maybe TOO often. Not just muttering under my breath kind of talking. Real honest to goodness...
  13. WebSlave

    Reporting a post or thread as a means of asking for help...

    Along this same vein, if you have problems or suspicions about another member, the Board Of Inquiry is where you need to be posting such threads. We are NOT private investigators who are going to dive into your claims and try to ferret out the truth and then dole out suitable justice. If you...
  14. WebSlave

    Dolby Atmos music disks

    Oh damn, I bought some Dolby Atmos music disks off of Amazon last week. Limited number of albums available, and only one that I already had on CD music disk. Finally came in a couple of days ago. Played one of them yesterday when it started raining and I was stuck inside anyway. Then played the...
  15. WebSlave

    For Sale Furmont reptile sexing probes

    Not much chance I will ever need these again. Maybe they are collectibles now? Beats me. Just found them while looking for something else in my workroom. Best offer that makes it worthwhile boxing them up and shipping them.
Back
Top