• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Search results

  1. aambumann

    Corn snake feeding questions

    1 male and 1 female adult corn snake brought out of brumation 2-16-13. They are housed in separate tanks and fed in separate tanks. Females first shed was 2-21-13 and the males first shed was 3-2-13. Both snakes were feeding fine from 2-17-13 to 3-9-13 on frozen-thawed mice. On 3-16-13 female...
  2. aambumann

    Good Guy Carolina Reptiles

    Received a Vietnamese Centipede today from Carolina Reptiles. Pede was a large, good looking specimen and in good health. Communication with Carolina Reptiles was excellent, response time to e-mails was almost immediate. Will order from again in the future. Thanks Carolina Reptiles for a job...
  3. aambumann

    Corn Snake feeding

    I always feed our corn adult snakes in a separate place other than their cage, I use cat litter tubs for their feeding spot, with frozen-thawed mice. This year, after brumation, I have one, male, who will not strike at or eat the mouse in the feeding quarters, he will only eat it if I put it in...
  4. aambumann

    Good Guy LLL Reptile

    I ordered a Vietnamese Giant Centipede from LLL Reptile on 2-26-13. It arrived 2-27-13 safe and sound, while here in Iowa we were in the middle of a snow storm which gave us 6-8 inches of fresh snow, with temps. in the upper 20's and light snow after the storm all the way thru till 3-1-13. I...
  5. aambumann

    quail eggs

    Found some quail eggs. should i boil them or feed them raw to red tegu hatchling?
  6. aambumann

    Quincy the Red Tegu

    This is Quincy Magu, I named him after the cartoon character " Quincy Magoo" or simply Mr. Magoo. He is 1 month old, 11 inches long and weighs 52 grams.
  7. aambumann

    Good Guy Ty Park/[email protected]/Ty's Lizards

    Just received my Red Tegu hatchling 7-24-12. He looks great and is eating well. Ty is a very patient man, putting in a lot of time to answer many questions, he is very respectful and loves what he does, not to mention a great Resume. Good luck Ty, with the National Reptile & Amphibian Advisory...
  8. aambumann

    Just Curious

    Hi, this is our male beardie, recently I have noticed some different colorations mainly on his head but also some on his back. Any idea what it is or if something I should worry about. Thanks
  9. aambumann

    Tegu/ First Day Home

    My new Argentine B&W Tegu. Just brought him home today, 52 grams and 12" long. Happy Fathers Day.
  10. aambumann

    Tegu or Savannah

    Thinking of getting a larger lizard in the near future, in the research phase at the moment.Want to make an educated decision if this is the direction I want to go. Want to have the knowledge and enclosure well before the lizard. Which one would be a better lizard of this size to start with, I...
  11. aambumann

    corn stays on warm side

    I have an adult corn who always stays in her warm side hide. She is in a 20gal. long tank, with aspen bedding, a uth connected to a thermostat set at 86F, a cool side hide at 75F-77F, humidity at 43%, and a water bowl. She just shed with no problems just the other day. She is eating well. Just...
  12. aambumann

    Help Baby Corn not eating

    I have had this baby for a month now and he will not eat F/T pinkies. He has lost 2 grams in weight. I have made sure his temps and enclosure is all proper, I have done many hours of reading and tried all the tricks of the trade. I am waiting for a response from seller, again. Unable to get a...
  13. aambumann

    under tank heater

    Has anyone used the intellitemp heat mats sold by Big Apple pet Supply?
  14. aambumann

    feeder mice question

    I have just purchased 1.1 adult corn snake. The people I bought them from told me the female will eat 4 adult mice and the male will eat 3 adult mice. Since I bought them on their feeding day that is what I fed them. My questions are should I up the size of prey? and Where is a good place to...
  15. aambumann

    Butter x Amel

    Just curious what the out come would be if a Butter and Amel were mated together? Thanks
  16. aambumann

    Morph I.D. help please

    Hi, I am new to Corns but had what I thought was good opportunity to adopt these 2 adults, could use some help on identifying the morphs, I was told the yellow snake is about a 4y/o female possibly some type of Butter and the orange snake is about a 3 y/o male , the bellies seem to be clear or...
  17. aambumann

    Hello from Iowa Rookie

    Hi, wanted to introduce ourselves. I discovered Fauna last summer 2011 and have been sitting back reading and learning, and wanted to say Thank You to Everyone for all the helpful info I have gained from this site. I could not have done it with out you. I like to research our new adoptees...
  18. aambumann

    What size Flexwatt would be best?

    I am building my first snake (corn) enclosure and was wondering what size Flexwatt heat tape would be best to use. I am using a wooden T.V. armoire as a base and redesigning the front of the cabinet using melamine to include the use of sliding glass doors. My enclosure will contain 3 individual...
  19. aambumann

    Roach chow mixing proportions

    Hi, I would like some advice on how to figure proportions for mixing home made roach chow. I have used other mixtures, including kitten chow, baby cereal, dehydrated milk and other grains but this time I was thinking of using 5lb. chicken mash for the base, and want to add bee pollen, dehydrated...
Back
Top