• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Search results

  1. Lucille

    RIP Leonard Nimoy

    Many will miss you, I know I will :(
  2. Lucille

    I knew better: Mackeeper

    But instead of just ignoring it I clicked on the popup icon to reject it, and now I think I have the virus. :(
  3. Lucille

    Happy Birthday John Cordone (TheFragginDragon)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:?party::?party::?party:
  4. Lucille

    Data base error?

    Have received that error message a couple times today when trying to get here.
  5. Lucille

    Deposits. Haven't I seen this somewhere before?

    I don't know how many BOI threads have been initiated because of the concept of deposits or lack thereof, but I'm pretty sure I've read most of them. I am seriously decluttering and spring cleaning, gave most of my tools and hardware and a bunch of other stuff to my youngest son yesterday, he...
  6. Lucille

    Brisket prices: CRAZY!!

    I have a large iron smoker/grill out back and every once in a while pick up a brisket. I grill a lot of chicken and burgers but of course a brisket takes more time and attention. I saw briskets for sale at the local grocery store, and I could not believe the prices. I'm used to waiting until...
  7. Lucille

    Comcast

    Come home, check my online Comcast bill from the email alert they sent, it has nearly doubled. Call Comcast and get this snotty kid who asked if I thought I had a forever low price contract, told me I had to pay the double price for three months, company policy, before I could choose a...
  8. Lucille

    Happy Birthday April Yohn (Absolutely April)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:?party::?party::?party:
  9. Lucille

    Habitat for Humanity

    I've heard about this organization for years and finally went to visit the Houston Restore yesterday. It is very large and unpretentious with a ton of doors, building materials, sinks, cabinets, cheap paint refurbished computers, chandeliers and supplies and other stuff. Lots of friendly...
  10. Lucille

    OSX Yosemite

    Lured by the promise of more powerful performance I got the free upgrade to OS X Yosemite and it is a nightmare. I don't know a lot of fancy computer stuff, and multiple times a day I'm being told that Safari can't find the server of a particular site. Then, a minute later, it will go through...
  11. Lucille

    New Year's, and resolving disputes

    Those who have engaged in transactions that have left the other party feeling dissatisfied or downright scammed are often called out to make amends. But sometimes Bad Guy threads can get fairly complex, and it is not clear what exactly it would take to settle so that the aggrieved party is...
  12. Lucille

    Fondue ideas?

    The kids have a few different places to visit on Christmas Day, I'm going to be the first visit. Likely they will be eating lunch and dinner at other visits so I thought I might do a fondue. Anyone have experience doing a fondue brunch?
  13. Lucille

    Amazon.com shipping

    This year I picked up a 3 foot tall potted Norfolk pine as my Christmas tree (they put 2-3 in there so it is nice and full) and I put it up on a stand and decorated it. Then I saw a LED tree over on Amazon.com and decided to get it also. The LED tree is supposed to arrive today. I live near...
  14. Lucille

    Happy Birthday Ritchie Luna (Herpvenue)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :?party::?party::?party:
  15. Lucille

    Reindeer Cam

    http://reindeercam.com
  16. Lucille

    Gifts for the cook

    Weird and wonderful, I got this and several similar for one of my sons. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boston-Warehouse-Oven-Mitt-Pot-Holder-Moose-/190990900134?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c77f1dba6
  17. Lucille

    This can't be good

    Even with an open mind, have you ever looked at something and thought to yourself 'No good can come of this'? http://www.fakenamegenerator.com
  18. Lucille

    Gecko Power!

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/24/science/climbing-a-glass-building-try-a-geckos-sticky-pads.html?emc=edit_th_20141125&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=57474085
  19. Lucille

    Giving thanks

    I know that I am blessed and have much to give thanks for, daily. Despite some challenges in the last few years, I have enough to eat and my own tiny home and am generally in good health and have a pretty garden, great kids, cute dogs, and posts to read from all the great people on Fauna. But...
  20. Lucille

    Drunken green beans

    1 pkg bacon and cheese brat wurst Shiner Bock Green beans Salt French bread This year I was able to freeze some green beans from the garden, this recipe used about 2 cups. Nuke the green beans in a bowl with a little water for 10 minutes, drain, sprinkle lightly with salt and set aside Open a...
Back
Top