Herp care tracking system for leopard geckos? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-04-2005, 07:34 AM   #1
Jadormdrache
Herp care tracking system for leopard geckos?

Im looking for some free software thats good for tracking leopard gecko stats, I tried to use HCS but it keeps crashing and not working correctly. any links would be apreciated, thankyou.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
Sorry to hear that, I have the HCS and love it.

There is another one, its a paid software, Ive never tried it but here is the link:
http://www.justreptiles.com/jrreptileslogmain.htm

This is pet tracks may be abel to be used with reptiles:
http://www.auburnsoftware.com/default.asp?rcdid=5

Here is a spreadsheet you can download from Sandfire, go to breeding data
http://www.sandfiredragonranch.com/resources/index.html

I think there is another one, just can't think of it right now.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
Found it:

http://www.eyehit.com/degei/productfiles/history.htm

Old 04-04-2005, 01:37 PM   #4
mindcrash
I use the Hungry Herps software and think it's great. The interface takes a little getting used to, and there are some quirks when entering data, but it is very comprehensive and even keeps track of income and expenses.

Here is their website:

Hungry Herps

Old 04-04-2005, 03:56 PM   #5
WingedWolf
I like MSA herp, and the author of the program is currently working on a "sequel". He's planning to release a free version, which should be very serviceable for the average herp keeper, so keep your eyes pealed.
MSA herp is a very thorough program, has a LOT of nice features, and the new one is looking even more promising as far as ease of use and nifty features.

You can do virtually everything with it, keep track of shedding, growth (all measurements, weight, proportions), health, breeding, feeding, and more, as meticulously as you could ever possibly hope for. You can add photos of the animal to each individual record.
Any issues I might have had with it are being fixed in the "sequel". The author sold the original MSA herp, and the purchasing company declined to keep it going, which is why he's making a brand new program.

Old 04-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #6
Jadormdrache
I did like HCS the way it looked and everything but when I try to fill in dates it wont let me go to the next field.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:32 PM   #7
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadormdrache
I did like HCS the way it looked and everything but when I try to fill in dates it wont let me go to the next field.
Are the fields you can't access the weight & length, if so click the reptile name, say tremper giant male, then click Records at the top, then click weight or whichever one you need, fill it it then click save and it will add it to the reptile. That is so you can put in the weight weekly etc.

hope that helps!

Old 04-04-2005, 10:02 PM   #8
Jadormdrache
yep thats what I was doing wrong, think everyone already knows im a complete moron when it comes to computers. thankyou again.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #9
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadormdrache
yep thats what I was doing wrong, think everyone already knows im a complete moron when it comes to computers. thankyou again.

lol I think you may be a bit like me, I get along fine with computers as long as they do what I tell them or think I am telling them.

you have no idea how many times I did what you did, I put in the date then hit tab then tab then TAB then TAB damn it while to get to the weight

I never read directions so thats my fault, but one day I clicked the records and found it and thought hey that was simple, why didn't I think of that before lol

Old 04-05-2005, 11:37 AM   #10
Jadormdrache
after I fill in the date (esp the birthdate), it locks up, but I can live with that because I just have to restart the thing and it works again. im using the beta 2.1 now so that may have something to do with it/shrug

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!