• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Aquariums & Hurricanes: Bacteria, Disease, Oxygen

zookeeperfrank

New member
Joined
Sep 12, 2012
Messages
267
Reaction score
10
Points
0
Location
New York New York USA
Hi All,
October, 2012’s Hurricane Sandy wrecked havoc on fish keepers and public aquariums in the Northeastern USA. My own collection, which houses several 20-30 year-old catfishes, loaches and aquatic amphibians, suffered only a single loss. I owe a debt of gratitude to the dedicated folks at That Fish Place-That Pet Place, who shipped much-needed supplies to me in record time, despite the disastrous weather. The public aquariums for which I consult are now working frantically to limit losses; I’ll provide updates via Twitter.
Most aquarists know what steps to take during power outages, so today I’d like to focus on several points that, in my experience, are sometimes over-looked. Read article here: http://bitly.com/S5rU9e

Thanks, Frank
 
Back
Top