• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Boy do people like to talk crap on KS.....

Brian S from Milwaukee Reps, Ummmm you are not an unknowledgable little kid that bashed me, so no, I was not thinking of you when I posted......LOL......

Jeanne, you must have missed the other posts because they deleted the one that was posted about me....... Some little jerk on there started a thread about me....... Its funny because the title was "Is it just me"........ And on the inside it said "or is GreggM this that or the other thing....... The title was a nice way to hide the fact they were talking about someone......
Dan Quinn and a couple of others stepped in for me which was cool..... Then the mods do what they always do and delete everything..... The tread was about me and I even asked them to keep it up but I guess the mods did not like it......
Anyway, I did not think this thread would go as far as it did and I am glad I am not the only one that feels the way I do about that place...... Thanks for everyones input.....
 
Damn, deleted already....I always miss the good threads...LOL

Oh well, Gregg, don't let it get to you. You have a home here ;)
 
Hello all.
I switched to fauna from KS for reasons like that and the constant bickering. Anyway I get my nifty avatar pic here. :)

Jeez I feel like such a newbie with only four posts.
 
I just noticed that if you view the Kingsnake forums on a Mac, you can actually see line gaps where posts have been deleted.

I thought I had already chimed in on this thread, but I guess not. :p Marcia, I agree with your stance on Kingsnake. I also don't blame you for considering pulling your sponsorship. It's amazing how many people in the leo forum still ask, "Are there any breeders in the SF Bay area?" ;)
 
Hey Zelda.
I work on a Mac. Yes you can see gaps on the forum where posts were deleted. Excuse me for better words, the KS leopard gecko forum over there has been very gappy the past couple days.
 
it's been very gappy for the last 5 years!!!....and it all started over an ugly brown tremper albino that was sold to me as not browning. But I swear, the gecko was brown and I even posted pics, but I guess having friends in high places (Tremper to Barringer) helps in making one's OWN informed opinion about deleting and threatening to sue and ban users. Oh well, over and done with, just such a strong bitter memory for me. Sometimes I wish I hadn't asked Jeff for the forum after seeing what it's turned into at times.

Chris
 
Mellissa! Good to see you here. That girl from you is eating like a hog. Drop me a PM with your email, and I can send you a pick of her...

Welcome newbies!!
 
Wow greg, you get like no respect at KS. I was just readin a post of yours and the kids trying to tell you yours rude for telling the kid to do research? Thats pretty sad.

Anyhow,GoldenGateGeckos if you dont mind me calling you Marcia just say so, I think its obvious now whether or not you should continue to sponser that forum, its obvious no one looks at them and they deleted your post!
 
It looks like someone is out to get Gregg... another post has been removed... this is just getting rediculous...

Everytime someone hears the answer they don't want, or someone yells at them for not using one of the hundreds of resources available, they go and report the thread... and the mods will apparently remove anything and everything.

Sorry that they're taking it all out on you Gregg.

Marcia, I'd say this seals the deal, pull the sponsorship. Not worth the time. Judging from some of the responses on the forum, you wouldn't want any of your animals being sold to some of those people anyway. It's probably better that they find out about you from this forum or word-of-mouth, since they are likely much more informed.
 
I guess my point is, that the 'newbies' NEED a place to get their answers... hopefully the right ones! My bet is that if they all came here, the majority of them would be intimidated and never return, and the rest would be like sponges absorbing as much information as they possibly can! But, I could also bet that the vast majority of the 'regulars' here would not take lightly to helping the newbies out on this forum, either!

Thanks for clearing that up Marcia. As a "Newbie" to Leos I was beginning to feel a bit unloved. I would tend to classify my self as one of those that are "like sponges absorbing as much information as they possibly can!" I have visited both Fauna and KS. The difference I see is that people here are more knowledgeable and helpful.

I have read as many caresheets as I can find, and visited forums reading posts and asking numerous questions to clarify or fill in where I could not find answers. All my questions have been answered here, and I have not been treated rudely or unkindly at all.

Also when someone said something different than what I had seen on care sheets, they were receptive to further questions and backed up what they stated with research, facts, and personal experience. like the discussion I had with Marcia on using dogfood as a gut load (or was that on KS? anyway it was Marcia and I relate her to Fauna more than KS)

So I guess my points are, I love Fauna because it is okay to disagree here, or ask for clarification when you see a descrepency. No one has been rude or treated me like a moron. Maybe because I did read a lot first and only ask about what I could not find, or opinions on some of the differences in the various care sheets. I only have one problem with Fauna and that is that I spend way to much time here as it is very addicting.

I do go to KS a lot, and I even post a lot there. I post a lot there because I tend to know more than a lot of the people posting. Sad as I have only been researching and studing Leos for about 8 months and only owned leos for about 4 months now.
 
Brian and Tyler, what can I do????? LOL..... I guess I will just have to stay here where people are alittle more grown up and can take alittle bluntness now and then......

SableLynx, KS seems to bring the worst out in people, even me at times..... It is just fustrating to see the same post over and over again....... Sometimes its the same question that was posted 8 lines down...... And whats even worse is the answer given is more times than not, a very inccorect one....... It seems people here, have much more common sence....... Even the newest of the new people....... Also it is a much more laid back atmosphere and everyone is alot nicer...... Sure, KS may have been the start of it all but this site took something and made it 1000 times better...... I can not go into the venomous forum at KS anymore without getting sick......
 
Well Gregg, Now that we have both migrated over here to Fauna, here is to a long and pleasant relationship where we sometimes agree and sometimes agree to disagree as long as no leos get hurt in the process:beer:
 
LOL, KS finally deleted my account name =(. I guess after standin' up for gregg got me in some trouble... But i made a new account to try to set the "new people" into the right path.
 
Back
Top