• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Desert Females?

That's a nice looking animal, but with the eye issues and the feeding issues, if it lived in my house it would be certainly spending the night with the kingsnakes.

I have to agree.

If was a better eater, I would give it a chance. I don't assist feed too many times before I've had my fill & either give them 2 feeding chances to eat on their own, then I will cull. Luckily, I deal with mostly boa babies and it is rare that one won't eat.


I will be seeing my friend this weekend that has the hypothesis about the desert females needing to be big girls & I'll ask him, if I remember.
 
I will be seeing my friend this weekend that has the hypothesis about the desert females needing to be big girls & I'll ask him, if I remember.

That would be great to hear what they say. Perhaps it is too late for the Desert morph, but perhaps if this situation arises again in a new morph, it would be nice to perhaps have a plan/idea in place.
 
That would be great to hear what they say. Perhaps it is too late for the Desert morph, but perhaps if this situation arises again in a new morph, it would be nice to perhaps have a plan/idea in place.

That theory has been passed around for a few years now...I guess people just WANT to believe it
 
That theory has been passed around for a few years now...I guess people just WANT to believe it

Sure, I have heard it before as well. It would be great to know if someone actually put it into practice and attempted some kind of Sub-Saharan beast of a female OR did it never make it that far and it stayed at the theory level only.
 
Is this what you guys are talking about?
912591e46fe719df3e8f5fc1d9c41084.jpg

9e3e1af9476ed6396341cd4d403c2201.jpg
 
No - desert ghost is a recessive trait, and unrelated to the desert morph.
 
The first reference via Google I can find for the idea is back in 2011. So, assuming someone started the project and procured a breeding age desert male and some sub-Saharan females around then, put them through QT, paired them, etc. then the resulting desert female offspring, assuming any were produced, would be starting to breed about now, yes?
 
The first reference via Google I can find for the idea is back in 2011. So, assuming someone started the project and procured a breeding age desert male and some sub-Saharan females around then, put them through QT, paired them, etc. then the resulting desert female offspring, assuming any were produced, would be starting to breed about now, yes?

Depends ... the theory I've heard have been that the female should be 2500g+ and a minimum of 2 yrs or so.
 
I was cruising Royal Constrictor Designs and found this girl. She's adorable. If I had my set ups ready I would have purchased her.

0f65b11ddc66460f4d63e4e5db6088fe.jpg
 
Back
Top