• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Getting back into BP's

Tubs are the way to go for easy maintenance...but if you're only going to have one (or two) as pets, I'd probably go with a better looking enclosure. (Tanks suck, regardless.)

I removed Tapatalk within 10 minutes of installing it.
 
I do have custom enclosures for my arboreals...you could do similar for BPs if you wanted.
6764d6ee9096ad948646eee5c45f6302.jpg
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1413404621781.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413404621781.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 108
I'm defiantly doing tubs for my QT, that way I can just toss them. I dealt with mites once they were not fun. Custom built is pricey but I can see the benefit in them.
 
I was thinking those... I they are called boaphiles or something like that. LOL the custom cages I always see people spending thousands on.

Now tell me about this plywood and laminate build, please
 
I was thinking those... I they are called boaphiles or something like that. LOL the custom cages I always see people spending thousands on.

Now tell me about this plywood and laminate build, please

It is just that, sealed birch plywood with some adhesive laminate (contac paper). If you do want one out of PVC though I do think there are a few places that sell them for like $200 shipped.
 
What kind of glue is safe? Any specific laminate? Plexi or glass? What type of wiring?

If I go the tub route, what would be the best way to heat? And what is the best size?

Are 40gal tanks still the best size for adult BP?
 
What kind of glue is safe? Any specific laminate? Plexi or glass? What type of wiring?

If I go the tub route, what would be the best way to heat? And what is the best size?

Are 40gal tanks still the best size for adult BP?
What do you need glue for? I have used plexiglass and regular glass, I prefer plexi. Your heat tape and thermostat should come pre wired. Heat tape works well for tubs.
 
if you want plastic caging like boaphiles, there's also animal plastics, proline cages and herp cages (Barrs cages). Just some ideas if you don't want to build your own, they aren't thousands of dollars.
:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top