• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

OMG! Going Downhill FAST!

I sent Dr. Scott Stahl in VA an email with the results of the lab work and some photos along with the details of what has been going on since 8/30 asking for his help. He is supposed to be one of the best vets in the country. I am hoping to hear back soon.
 
SPJ said:
I sent Dr. Scott Stahl in VA an email with the results of the lab work and some photos along with the details of what has been going on since 8/30 asking for his help. He is supposed to be one of the best vets in the country. I am hoping to hear back soon.

Great idea! Good luck man!! :thumbsup:
 
SPJ said:
I'm beginning to think EC knows more than my vet at this point. :rofl: :rofl:

He probably does! In a bad way lol!!! More experienced at this type of thing then any vet I'm sure.. :ack2:
 
Best of Luck Steve and Bee!...My first thought was some sort of insect bite (spider maybe, just random thoughts)
Whos EC? :shrug01: (newbie here)


nevermind, got it :rofl:
 
Playballp said:
Best of Luck Steve and Bee!...My first thought was some sort of insect bite (spider maybe, just random thoughts)
Whos EC? :shrug01: (newbie here)


nevermind, got it :rofl:
Yeah a bumblebee. I was planning on buying one but the money is going to treat this guy instead. I think he takes priority over a bee even though I wanted one.

EC..............LOL..............
 
hhmoore said:
another PM coming your way, Steve.
Thanks. Got it and replied. Anything you (or anyone else for that matter :yesnod: ) can think of to help this guy, shoot me a note.
I want to do whatever I can to help him.
 
I can't believe how bad he looks and how fast this progressed.
Here he is about a month and a half ago.

012.jpg
 
I wish you and him the best. He's a really nice looking snake=) Hopefully you find something out soon :)
 
Just got a reply from Dr. Stahls office.

He really needs surgery... and it has gotten very large and involved, so we would be concerned with the infection getting into the bone/blood stream at this point. (reptile pus is very caseous and needs to be removed surgically, not drained, every time) If he is still strong, has good muscular tone, the best bet would be to fed ex him down here for treatment. Or, if you’d prefer, I could set up a phone consult with Dr Stahl... maybe even have him talk to your vet to instruct them on what to do. He needs to be started on antibiotics, ceftazadime and Baytril every 3 days and meloxicam for pain/inflammation. you can fax the records to us at 703-281-3730 for now, that way they are here no matter what you decide as far as Dr Stahls involvement. Let me know, Jen
 
TheFragginDragon said:
So what's the plan paisano? Would he make it ok via FedEx?
Even if he did, I can't afford the price tag they just quoted me and my vet is not surgically competent IMO.

I would imagine surgery/hosp(at least a month) would run about 800-1500.00
If your vet isn’t comfortable with the surgery, his only chance will be to ship. Let us know, Jen
 
Holy :censored: . I'm all for vets being compensated fairly, but Christ, that seems extremely exorbitant. I don't envy your position my friend, but I certainly wouldn't argue with whatever (and I mean whatever) decision you make.
 
I would agree that it seems like the poking and prodding caused the infection to spread. Did you start antibiotics on 9-5-08? Is he showing any pain when the infection is touched? With the infection growing that rapidly, it may take a week and a half before any visible signs are seen that the antibiotics are working.
 
i would at least start the baytril over the other antibiotics from the sounds of that other vets recommendation. Talk to the vet and see what you can do.

There is also a company called Care Credit. they are very good to use, and while you still have to pay for the money you borrowed, at least its not all AT ONCE.
 
Back
Top