• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

So, who is jumpin on the "mac snow" band wagon???

Gregg M

Hognose Breeder
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
1,505
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
51
Location
Staten Island NY
Personally, I will once the prices drop...... And it will not take long for that to happen because it is a co/dom gene..... My prediction is that in less than 2 years they will be less than 300 bucks a pop...... So that will be about the time when I get some of my own...... Those are some real nice looking leos that Alex has up for sale.....
 
Me too!

Once the prices drop, I will be onboard as well. Alex has some real nice genetic marvels on his hands. I have always wanted snows, but was afraid of all the question marks with getting a consistently reproduceable trait with the snow lines on the market.

On a related subject: Has anyone ever seen the pictures of the Urban Gecko's snow line breeders? From what I have seen they were never posted on his site and the snow breeders page has been the same for at least 6 months (without photos). Perhaps he is not having same sucess with them as he is with the tangerines and "sunglows"? I somehow doubt his are genetically proven like the Mack Snows as his price on the available snow hatchlings are always between 250 and 300 dollars. I was just curious why someone would not post the pictures of the breeders..... :shrug01:
 
Man I love them. If I wasn't into the boas as deep as I am with buying stock this season I would diffentaly try to get one of them. My sound crazy because of the prices they are asking but you would eventually make that back on top of having a blast!!!! Thats just the way I look at it.
 
ditto!

I would LOVE to have a couple, but they are not in my budget at this time. Besides, I would really like to see them completely proven out first.
 
speaking of the band wagon....

anyone buy the "blazing blizzards" prehistoric pets is selling for $250ea?? i can't even imagine how many they will/have hatched this year....
 
They're selling males only and driving the price down.... I was quite interested in the project until they did that. They effectively ruined alot of peoples investments... Oh well...
 
the mac snows are cool and all, but i feel they are not for me. I would love to see what some people plan on breeding them to, If they plan on doing crosses. Mac Snow X Raptor would be interesting.
 
Hey TopShelf, what do you think is going to happen to the mac snows???? LOL..... Its a co/dom gene..... The easiest to breed out...... Thats the way the market works for co/dom and recessive genes..... The only animals that keep value for a long time are selectivly bred traits..... Look how much the morphs were when they first hit the market..... Thats why I will be waiting for the prices to plumet before I buy any..... Like I said, in two years time the market will be flooded with the mac snows and they will be as cheap as a blizzard.....
 
I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain I did not ask your opinion. In fact Im positive I simply stated we already own one, nothing more. I'm about the last person here who needs a lesson in genetics Gregory. We could have easily waited on the project, but we have quite a good use for the co-dom male we acquired and it cannot wait. As in specifics, well, I guess you'll just have to wait and see. My lips are sealed ;)

Everyones entitled to thier opinions, unfortunately I did not ask for yours. We're happy with our investment, thanks for your "input" however.
 
if i can talk to mr. mack a bit more about these i might buy some from him ... we will see though. got a couple of friends that do shows that he attends so if i cant get in touch ill see if i can get some info through them
 
but i sure am not gonna pay 1250 + and i would like to find out a bit more of its genetics, as well. from mr. mack, himself
 
Yeah, I can see paying those prices for a super snow, but I just can't for the "het". It will be interesting to see how the super combines with some of the other traits, especially the blazings. It's a cool morph regardless.
 
I am in.They have proven them out to be codom and dom Mack has had them for some time now,he does know what he is doing.These will not turn out like the Giants i am a 100% on that.
 
I will be owning some....when the price drops. I have spent quite a lot of money in the last year acquiring Grade A inline Snows, that only 75% have remained Grade A into adulthood. It will be nice to not have to gamble anymore if this gets proven 100%.

Chris, congrats. Those sure are some beautiful animals. Are they even more stunning in person than they are in the pictures?
 
Ok Chris, My name is not Gregory.... It is Gregg..... Now unfortunatly for you and fortunaly for me this is a public forum and I am free to speak my opinion if I wish..... I also do not need you wait for you to ask me to speak, so relax yourself..... Besides, didnt I start this thread????? No need to get snippy because you paid so much for an animal that will be a fraction of that price in a year or two..... Or are you alittle mad because some other breeder is selling BBs for 250 bucks???? LOL..... And YOU were the one that was crying about it...... Wa waaa waaaaa..... Someone crushed your little would be blazing blizzard project with the low prices..... Who cares???? That is the perfect example of what I was talking about with the prices shooting to the ground.... Thats the way it is and there is nothing you can do about it..... Dont be sad...... Thing will get better..... I promise.....LOL
 
When the prices drop I’m definitely going to get some. With the solid black eyes that opens up the door for so many new things. I breed the line bred snows and I think with the super snows it’s just going to make everything easier. :)
 
Back
Top