• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Why do people....... More.....

I am sorry if I seem hot headed. As for religion, what other thing would you find created life? Your statement falls right down on to your religous beleifs. As for this thread, I did not make it fall off. I simply stated my oppinion on animals emotions, then we got into a discussion about dinos...etc. As for the last thread that me and you got into an argument on. YOU started it up. By saying that socialism still existed in europe. I came back by telling you that after the fall of the berlin wall it has ended. As for the evidence of life during the dinos, I do want to see it.
 
What was supporting the same time frame?...I hope it was carbon dating or smt...because just being near eachother isn't very good evidence.

Gene...do you believe in creationism?...if so, that is a religious belief and if that is what you have been talking about, then yes, you did bring up religion. I'm not trying to start anything here...I'm just saying

Personally I'd also be interested in seeing this "evidence" of dinosaurs and homo sapiens being around at the same time...as I find it extremely hard to believe...

No, humans are not evolved from apes, we are evolved from a common ancestor to todays apes.
 
Oh come one boys!!!! This was going so well.....LOL..... There were a ton of great opinions, theories, and facts written down here..... If anyone cares though, I am a believer in science and my faith is stemmed from the earth..... In other words, Pagan..... LOL..... Just figured I would through that out for everyone....LOL
 
I don't remember saying I believe in anything except for the fact evolution did not occur. For all you know I believe in the big-bang theory...
 
I love to see everyone’s theories and thoughts and compare them to mine. I just don't want to get in a flame war over it. I like hearing peoples opinion without having people try to argue against it. Maybe this was because I was raised to respect everyone’s opinion, as you never know until the end (you might just be wrong). Now I am not saying that Gene did that at all. However the comments made seemed very inflammatory (mostly the fact that I supposedly de-rail threads). Gene - I figured you were directing that at me, simply because we were the ones who got into a disagreement last time, on a thread that became topic.
 
Did I say you believe in anything?...I asked if you believed in creationism. Btw...the big bang theory has nothing to do with evolution...that's a theory about how the universe was created and evolution goes hand in hand with that.
 
Gene,
Its just that when you discredit evelution. You have to beleive in something else (I think?). Thats where religion comes in, I dont care which one it is. Its just not a respected scientific theory, thus making it some form of theology/or something.
 
I find this all so humorous, why is it that evolutionism has nothing to do with religion but any other theory does? Who teaches you this crap?
 
science and religion are separate entities. evolution is science, there is no other theory that is based in science...all other theories are based in theology of some kind (at least that I'm aware of...).
 
Is it just me or is that website alittle pro religion...... Sounds like religious propoganda to me...... I am a believer in evolution because there is too much proof that says it is..... Religion can not be proven even slightly...... There is nothing wrong with having a faith, but that is all it is, FAITH...... Faith can not be proven but it was never ment to be proven either.....
 
Because it is a scientific theory not formed around any god or creator. That means nothing created it but earth itself, natural selection, the survival of the fittest. The link you provided has no dating evidence, only that it was “found near” evidence.
 
Is it just me or is that website alittle pro religion...... Sounds like religious propoganda to me...... I am a believer in evolution because there is too much proof that says it is..... Religion can not be proven even slightly...... There is nothing wrong with having a faith, but that is all it is, FAITH...... Faith can not be proven but it was never ment to be proven either.....
-Gregg, you sound very much like myself. Only difference is I am not Pagen. But then who cares! I like laerning about different faiths. I almsot never have learned about the pagen religions. You should email me somethings when you get the chance.
 
much of the evidence for evolution is faulty , especialy all the missing links. most are based one single bones, and other things. their are very very few if any complete skeletons. adpation on the other hand, that is something you can see every where you look.
 
Like I said, it was something I found on quick search where is the religios material in that site? I certainly didn't see any (unless you feel your theory is threatened on a religios level)... find me something that supports your theory... everything has been that has ever been "proven" regarding evolution has been debunk. Your theory is simply that.. a theory. Every skull, bone, and tooth that has been found has been found has been traced to "other" origins.
Like I said, prove to me evolution occured.
 
Religion can not be proven even slightly

Well neither can any scientific because of the "Law Of Conservation Of Mass" proven by Lavoisier. That law basically says, matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Meaning there really shouldn't even be an earth, so with that law can you really be proven over by science when infact science proves that all the theory's of how the earth was created is false. Since that is false can't evolution too be false, and the religious beliefs could in fact be true. So thats how the religion theory can be proven.
 
Back
Top