latrodectusfan
New member
Man I gotta admit it is rather nice seeing some new faces here that like bugs and such as much as me...of course I have my herps
I am surprised that more people aren't on the insect/arachnid forum here.
It probably gets pretty lonely eh?
Well, I am here to bug you now. My wife is still hesitant as far as me getting back into the hobby.
At one time, our entire garage was converted to accomodate my collection.
I had right around 40 or 50 adult T's and a couple of thousand slings. This plus the widow collection kept me very busy.
I think she is going to allow the widows back in which is really all that I am interested in anyway.
When I was doing the shows, it was really a hobby that paid for itself more or less. Of course if you factor in heating bills and the constant substrate changes, not to mention the time involved, I guess I can see how my wife determined that there still was money-out that the shows didn't cover.
No worries. If I can just have a nice shelf of widows for future photo-ops I will be happy.
You should really get over to SpiderTalk when you get a chance.
I find that to be my favorite forum. Arachnoboards, IMO, can be a little clicky at times. ST has a nice mix of folks.
Leanne, (who has recently started posting here as well), is really nice. I believe she is a Michiganer as well. She brings a lot of knowledge to the forums and fun as well.
Well, let me know what you have in your collection...herps and all.
Talk to ya soon!

i see in two slings theyll run off and curl into a ball like geos is this common for Latrodectus Bishopi