• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Search results

  1. Lucille

    Things I would not do to make a living

    There's a few things I would not want to do for a living. I'd hate to be in the military and be a parachutist and step out of a perfectly good airplane. Along those lines, I definitely would not want to be a window washer for a skyscraper...
  2. Lucille

    Butter, refrigerated or not?

    I prefer butter over margarine. I keep my butter in the freezer with 1 stick at a time in the refrigerator. If I want to butter bread or do something else where I want the butter to be soft, I use the microwave (2 pats of butter, 13 seconds). Recently I came across a thread elsewhere, where...
  3. Lucille

    Strawberry protein shake

    Sometimes for a snack I will drink a protein shake. I buy the cheap Body Fortress shakes (available at Walmart) and doctor them up. They come in large plastic containers and I add a cup of powdered no-calorie sweetener, some powdered skim milk and a couple of tablespoons of powdered guar gum...
  4. Lucille

    Forum Shopping

    This is a phrase used where a plaintiff who may have several courts with jurisdiction, will shop around for the one most favorable to him/her. As well, plaintiffs will often decide to appeal to a higher court if they lose their case in a lower one. There seems to be quite a bit of forum shopping...
  5. Lucille

    Luxury living in a secure post disaster environment

    I LOLed when I saw this. I really never thought about the possibility of upscale survival rather than the more plebeian food, water, weapons and medical supplies that come to mind when I think about SHTF...
  6. Lucille

    Quick vegetable hamburger soup

    Many soups require quite a bit of preparation. This one is quick, easy, and perfect for colder weather. 2 lbs. ground beef 1 medium onion 2 medium potatoes 6 cups mixed frozen veggies 1/2 large can tomato paste Parmesan cheese cayenne pepper salt In a large soup pot chop medium onion and...
  7. Lucille

    New kind of I.D.

    Out this fall. To me, another step in leashing us all. I'm all for my accounts being secure, but this is disturbing. I simply do not believe that this device cannot be hacked or more ominous, already comes with back door accessibility, intentional or not. http://www.getnymi.com
  8. Lucille

    Cute idea- traffic stop dancing

    http://www.swiss-miss.com/2014/09/the-dancing-traffic-light.html
  9. Lucille

    Bingeing Netflix

    A true Netflix binge is watching an entire series over the course of a weekend, and I haven't done that. But I am semi-bingeing by watching three or once even four episodes of a show at one sitting. Currently I'm watching Blacklist, to me it is riveting and bingeable. Have you ever binged...
  10. Lucille

    News story says you might be on camera 90% of the time in public

    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Proliferating-public-surveillance-means-U-S-5733862.php
  11. Lucille

    Prep table

    There is a second hand restaurant equipment company in town, and I decided to get a stainless steel prep table from them. I love my teeny house but the kitchen counters are small and only a few feet on either side of the sink. There is little room to do anything that needs space like chopping...
  12. Lucille

    Kill switches

    There is an article in today's New York Times about kill switches, and how they are used to help prevent theft by disabling the item (in this case, smart phones) if it is stolen. I think theft is a horrible crime, and I would welcome the ability to shut down (myself) anything of mine that was...
  13. Lucille

    Heat

    Most of the year Texas is fine and I appreciate that I do not have several feet of snow to deal with in the winter. But the middle of August with temps around 100 is the pits. The heat just saps the energy out of you. I love to garden but in August go out just long enough to water or mow, then...
  14. Lucille

    Zombies

    Watching a run of zombie movies. Watched World War Z, this evening will watch Night of the Living Dead. Scary stuff. Hope it's all made up :eek:
  15. Lucille

    Happy Birthday Tyler Ryan (Utta)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :?party::?party:[
  16. Lucille

    Junk mail

    I get all sorts of snail mail advertising. The vast majority I don't look at. Around Christmas it gets ridiculous. But, sometimes I'll look at stuff like garden seed catalogs, I think that once you buy from some of these garden companies you get mail for life, but I like gardening so that is...
  17. Lucille

    Happy Birthday Helen Sykes (Helenthereef)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :?party::?party:
  18. Lucille

    Mini blenders, protein shakes

    Athletes and dieters both have been extolling protein shakes so I decided to try them. I have an inexpensive mini blender from Oster where one can drink one's shake from the same container used as a blender. (If you drink a lot of smoothies there is a more expensive mini blender, the Bullet...
  19. Lucille

    Happy Birthday Webslave !!!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :?party::?party::?party:
  20. Lucille

    Bad Guy Bad Guy Danielle Susan Ruger

    I absolutely would not sell this person any kind of critter whatsoever. A totally pathetic, useless waste of a human being. I hope she gets jail time and I hope this story follows her for the rest of her life. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484883
Back
Top