• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Boy do people like to talk crap on KS.....

Gregg M

Hognose Breeder
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
1,505
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
51
Location
Staten Island NY
Is it me or do alot of people not like it over there because of all the inexperianced keepers giving advice like they have been doing this for 15 years...... I would not mind if the advice and info was correct...... I will be the first to admit that I can be a little blunt at times but do people realy need to start a thread about me and my way of putting things LOL???? That leo forum is getting out of hand these days...... Like I said I can be blunt, almost harsh at times but am I all that bad???? LOL.....
 
I haven’t been over there much either. I look now and then but Fauna is my home. On this forum the conversations are so much more in depth. Also the people here are great and the knowledge is superb. ;)
 
Keep it up and I will report you to a mod Gregg!

LOL, I hate it over there. You are right, I see people who have no clue stating "facts" about leos, and it's always the same questions like "what substrate should I use?" . I know we were all newbies once, but I just can't stand the post that people post there. This forum seems much more knowledgeable, and there seems to more of a regular comraderie here. I peruse it from time to time, but fauna is where I hang out. Ok I sound like such a loser......
LOL

Tony
 
Mike, agreed.....LOL...... I can be harsh but that is me..... Dont ever take it personaly...... I like this place because most of you know that I can be alittle out spoken..... KS is crap.....
 
Gregg, if it helps...

I think you show a lot of patience and tact when dealing with... um... Quick, what's a euphamism for "Brain damaged morons who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground"?
 
Yeah thats is really the main reason why i came here, the people here are great. They actually explain stuff from what they know and have the expierence to back it up. there, they read that pine wood is good for a leo, but they mis-read it and it said it is harmful to them and thats what they post, that it is ok to use pine.

Thats pretty much out of line that they started a thread about you... since im the new guy i dont know if i speak to everyone, but your welcome here.
 
Hey! You guys are bashing Kingsnake?
Wow!!! but they are so.............. knowledgable...well ...ok No! But they really know there stuff!!! and can direct us in the right direction......well Ok maybe in the general direction......Ok crap they suck!
they suck...there I said it!
Ok it's official K.S. sucks!!!!
 
they really pissed me off when they posted that thread about you gregg, i would agree you are harsh at times, but it's understandable, you have to be like that sometimes, just stick with us over here, as much as i'd hate to say it ...let those guys find out the hard way kingsnake sucks,and most most of the people suck

lol, those big babies banned me again for like..the 8th time....
 
LOL!

I actually can't believe this thread hasn't been removed for being in the wrong place. Although its contains alot of truth I can't believe its still here! Then the to add insult to injury a resident whistle blower and "strong" advocate against this type of thing replied to the thread!!! LOL! Can you say, "DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO! "

:rolleyes: :>poke2<:
 
he wanted the opportunity to insult the stereotypical leopard gecko keeper.


that's okay though.


The last two posts by Gregg before the one in question that I see are one on sand and one on lost geckos.


Sand, well Gregg..... if I cared to post on KS I might rip you a new one just to make things interesting.... you'd be surprised by just how many experienced keepers use or have used sand.

Lost geckos... I agree....



I gotta say that I enjoy and respect brutal honesty. Your posts certainly fit the bill :D
 
SHRAPNEL!!!

Yeah I wasn't directing my post to Greg. I actually find almost any post over here acceptable. Especially when its a fellow leopard enthusiast. No matter what the topic.
 
Is it me or do alot of people not like it over there because of all the inexperianced keepers giving advice like they have been doing this for 15 years

I get a certain guilty pleasure from reading Kingsnake's Venomous forums. I'm always amazed to see people whom I wouldn't trust with hamsters keeping mambas and cobras. At times I'm even tempted to start a "Darwin pool."

"Let's see, we got 3-1 odds on the guy who didn't realize Boomslangs were hot... but close behind him is the guy who likes to hang prey above his gabby's cage and play 'Gaboon Viper Baseball.' Do I hear 2-1 on Gabby Baseball? Oh, wait... we got an envenomation on the guy who kept his spitting cobra in a screen cage. Who had bets on Mr. Spitter?"
 
man, thats sad....spitting cobra in a screen cage...how stupid can one be...dont even get me started on tha gabbys....
 
Back
Top