• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Boy do people like to talk crap on KS.....

I try to post over there and help out the new people... but sometimes I have to not look for a few weeks. And I don't post here because there are so many people who either 1) beat me by posting first, or 2)are more knowledgable then me, so I just keep my mouth shut and let the good information flow.

I try to help out at KS because I know I was a nowbie at one point, and I hate to see people killing their leos becuase someone posted that calci-sand was OK or some dumb crap...
 
Milwaukee Reptiles said:

I try to help out at KS because I know I was a nowbie at one point, and I hate to see people killing their leos becuase someone posted that calci-sand was OK or some dumb crap...

thats exactly why people like gregg get so pissed

i've seen that happen once or twice over the past 2 weeks and no one even tried to correct them, which made me mad, but befor i could post anything to it either gregg or someone else posted and said it was bad.

Brian, you need to post here more often bro
 
I actually have a different take on the KS stuff . . .

. . . I quit posting on KS regularly because there was a lot of hormonally-challenged knuckle-draggers ripping on everybody. And I just don't like that sort of thing.

I'll agree that there is a lot of bad advice, but what's worse is beligerent, nasty people who think they know it all. That just rubs me the wrong way.

I post on Fauna because - mostly - people respect each other and don't get too hissy (at least on the gecko side of fauna). Plus, I have a lot of personal herp buddy's who are here.

I sincerely hope that the culture/attitude of KS changes - it used to be a really great forum just a couple of years ago.
 
"fauna's dead sexy and kingsnakes crap"

anywho i got banned a while back... me really?

i can be harsh sometimes even down right rude and ugly... BUT... at least i am given the chance to do so here. cant even get pissed off without your post being deleted... i think they are striving for a utopian society which hello aint gunna work because we as humans do enjoy a little chaos from time to time... we also all have opinions, which do differ and it is nice to see all those different opinions as well as actual working experience.

Quick, what's a euphamism for "Brain damaged morons who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground"?

dumbasses?
 
Ohhhhh Gregg, you big Ol' Meany!!

WOW! I can't wait to read that thread..LOL

It really is too bad about KS, they are shooting themselves in their own feet. I stopped posting over there a while ago. I like it much better over here, not only are the people much nicer and more informed, but I also like to set up better over here( like the design of the site), and there a lot more catagories to post in.
 
well...

I'm actually considering pulling my sponsorship over on the KS Leopard Gecko Forum. It is just too frustrating and heartbreaking for me to read and reply over and over again to the same questions, year after year. But ... we ALL probably started over there, and the 'newbies' desperately need a place where they can get answers that could in many cases actually save their gecko's lives! What is the answer?
 
One thing I'd really like to see KS do... post a locked sticky (a thread that always stays at the top of the first page), and include links to some of our caresheets (I know I spent quite a bit of time on mine, and it's no where near complete...) I think that providing a few well known and CORRECT caresheets would help out many of the newbie questions.

The hard part would be getting people to spend the time to read them....
 
Re: well...

Golden Gate Geckos said:
I'm actually considering pulling my sponsorship over on the KS Leopard Gecko Forum. It is just too frustrating and heartbreaking for me to read and reply over and over again to the same questions, year after year. But ... we ALL probably started over there, and the 'newbies' desperately need a place where they can get answers that could in many cases actually save their gecko's lives! What is the answer?

That's why I didn't renew my sponsorship, try and set them straight and they turn on you.

Well, that and it was turning into a teen-age flirtfest. Teddy bear pictures, "best looking" contests etc..........
 
Sometimes it is amusing, though . . .

. . . they just had a post where someone said "Hey, what's those bubbles behind my leo's front legs" - and a guy responded "Get him to a vet quick" . . . .

:rotflmao:

It was pretty humorous . . .
 
i agree with brian about the caresheet...but how do we know everyone is reading it

i'm beginning to think most of the people there have read one caresheet, and that was it...im STILL reading caresheets, trying to soak up as much info as i could

that flirt-athon was pathetic..even though i was pulled into it because someone posted my picture..it was still pathetic and the most off topic crap i've ever seen...

Marcia..the good thing about pulling your sponsership is that you would not have to be paying that site anymore, and you wouldnt have to have your link on such a site.

but the bad part is you have one of the best caresheet's and alot of the new comers could benefit from it, but like you said, you dont even know if they're reading it, which sucks...i'd pull it anyways...
 
Re: Sometimes it is amusing, though . . .

Monte said:
. . . they just had a post where someone said "Hey, what's those bubbles behind my leo's front legs" - and a guy responded "Get him to a vet quick" . . . .

:rotflmao:

It was pretty humorous . . .

"get it to a vet unless you want it to die" :no01:

was pretty funny though....>.>
 
Sad. That’s why I’m so glad we have this excellent site. Thank you Rich for having Fauna, you da man!!!! :D
 
You know what I think is funny there also...... The people that say they have read books on this animal or that animal for years and know what they are talking about..... We all know that "hands on" experiance is much more valuable than reading books...... Anyway, this site is a huge breath of fresh air after being on KS...... Everyone is cool and even when some of us get pissy at times there is never any grudges held...... Hopefuly this trend stays here on fauna.....
 
Hey Gregg,
I hope I'm not one of the people you're talking about! I know I replied to your post but I think I was nice about it. If it sounded like I was ripping on you at all I apologize - it really wasn't my intention. I felt like I should let you know that in case I was one of the people that offended you.
 
By the way... I found this amusing (kinda).
The same guy that posted in regards to the fat bulges:
Posted by: pacman101 at Mon Nov 15 21:27:58 2004 [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ]

Vet unless you want it to die.

posted this (about 3 hours before that...):
Posted by: pacman101 at Mon Nov 15 18:10:04 2004 [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ]

to get angry about people giving bad advice.A leo is a beginners pet and that is who is going to buy it therefore people with nada experience( mostly) are going to purchase them and then lecture you to death about their stupid ways that will eventually kill their animal jus correct them and move on.The only time it would probably be a problem is if you get multiple tards sayin the same thing then you kinda gotta use power in numbers to correct them otherwise person asking question will likely believe them.


GOOD LUCK MUAHAHAH

I still don't know what to make of it, but I figured it was related somehow.
 
hmmm...

they just had a post where someone said "Hey, what's those bubbles behind my leo's front legs" - and a guy responded "Get him to a vet quick" . . . .
Well, I can remember a time when I did not know what those "bubbles" were, and at least the response was to get it to a VET! The reply could have been something like, "Get a needle and pop it!"
 
Back
Top