• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Jimmy (e-mail : [email protected]) inquiry

ReptileKIngdom

New member
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
267
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
55
Location
Toms River, New Jersey
Hello, has anyone every purchased bearded dragons from this individual. I responded to an ad on kingsnake and so far am getting a bit of a run around. He posts under the name Jimmy from CA. Please advise.
 
I have never purchased anything from him, but I have had MANY e-mails from him asking a lot of questions and then to be told the animals I was offering were either DULL or NOT LARGE enough. ALso in some of the e-mails to me he called himself Jeff and some he called him self Jimmie. I am not sure about him but I get a funny feeling. Be careful and good luck.
 
Dont feel bad Rob, I have gotten the same 100 emails from him. Then after sending him a bunch of photos, he tells me they are all ugly (quite bluntly). One week later he's emailing again about the same dragons for sale. I now either do not answer his emails, or I just tell him I do not have what he is looking for.

I know several other people that have expressed issues with him to me privately--not just about this topic.
I feel pretty funny about him too. He says that he sold a dragon for $5000 last season...

Dana
 
Hey - we could start a club!
He's emailed me a bunch of times about dragons - and the money is always "on it's way." Mysteriously enough - it never arrives, then I ask if he wants the dragon or not and he just disappears.
Good luck,
Liz


Elizabeth Craig
 
HMMMMMM, well, I too have had many emails from him in the past. I have had him offer me crazy amounts of money for some dragons and yet never thought of him being serious. I have also emailed him about dragons that he had, and got pictures of dragons that were up for bid not too long before (and were at crazy high bids that for sure if the bids were real he would have sold them). I have not had a clue if anything he did was in good faith. Always seemed like a kid that either had money, or was trying to act like they had money. chris allen
 
UPDATE

Well guys, i sent $700 via paypal on Sunday and have not seen any animals. I needed them to fill orders this week and now will certainly loose sales to my regular wholesale customers. I asked for pictures of the animals, and never received them. Does anyone know if there is a way to get my money back from paypal for product not received? I have been in this business for over 15 years and wonder how i could have been so stupid, but i figured sending money in this fashion was pretty safe. Well any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks
 
UPDATE2

I just got a phone call back from Denise who i think may be Jimmy's mom. She said they will be shipping me the dragons tomorrow so we will see. I will post another update on Friday when i get them. Thanks to everyone trying to help on this one.
 
I would like to know how old he is. Seems weird he had to have his mom call you. Maybe there are some dragons he really has, but I think it all seems like b.s. right from when he posts those ads. chris
 
Hey Chris and Liz--
You know he's sent me photos of your dragons before --I guess took them out of your adds and emailed them to me saying he wants dragons that look like "this"--I tell him, well, go to those people then--they are in the classifieds. I even linked him to one of Liz's adds for the same animal that he had sent me a photo of in the past, and he says "too dull"--LOL. OK?
I know that he also used a friend of mine's photo in an add once and she had it out with him--he stopped using it--in all fairness, he had bought animals from her that were related the animal in the photo, but he did not have permission to use her photograph and he had it in the KS classifieds one add above hers (same photo).

I hope you get your animals safe and sound.

Dana
 
I forgot to add--it was just the summer of 2001 (before he was selling animals) that he was emailing me all the time looking for freebies--anything with nipped tails or no feet for free or cheap....now it's that he can pay $1000s of dollars for the right animal...Maybe he won the lottery.

dana
 
I have a bad feeling that this is just another kid trying to act like he is something and just wasting every else's time. Allen I hope you are able to get the animals or your money back without a problem. One thing, if he has to have his Mother contact you about the shipping is he using her Paypal account as well? If he is so young where mommy has to step up and handle the deals he has NO BUISNESS! selling animals PERIOD!
 
I guess ill have to stamp every photo I take now, lol. I emailed him personally and also told him that this inquiry was posted about him. Chris
 
refund

If you recieve no animals you have 30 days to go to paypal to request a stop payment and a full refundof your money which they will do! You should have no problems on getting your money back if this was all BS, if it was I am sorry you had to go through this mess just to get your money back and lose some sales this week. At least you used paypal and they can help you. Plus on another note, if this is true and the kid is under 18 he can have his paypal acct pulled and locked off, either way it will be locked if yoiu put a refund request in. What you do is go to your history and then click on the transaction of you sending him the money then on that screen click on the part for contacting paypal on getting a refund! Also out of curiousity whan you sent the money it says if the person is verified or not plus it tells you how many transactions they have had. Did you happen to take notice of that I would be interested in knowing that info.
Hope it all works out either way,
Vic Machese
Exclusively Exotics
 
sniff sniff sniff

Something is starting to smell fishy here. I have not (yet) received a phone call from his Mother but if she wishes to call and threaten me by all means I welcome it. I just love how when someone is confronted about their actions automatically they threaten Law Suit. HAHAHAHAHAHAH If more people would be professional and act accordingly we would not have so many problems in thie community and other buisness.
I love how some people that have dealt with this kid get told either their animals are "dull" "ugly" or "not large enough". I have to really laugh. the Yellow Dragon Females that I was selling that he said were "dull" and "not full body yellow" sold at higher prices than what I had them advertised at because of their FULL BODY YELLOW and how BRIGHT they were:) I wish this kid good luck in the future and if he really wants someone to take him seriously he needs to learn a little more about how to act.
 
Vic He is a verified seller. Below is his reputation from Paypal.


About [email protected]:

To protect your security, PayPal offers information on the status of this member.

Seller Reputation: (8) Verified Buyers
Account Status: Verified
Account Type: Premier
Account Creation Date: June 20, 2000
PayPal Member For: 2 years 8 months
 
Thats amazing! Well hopefully this person is just ignorant and not a cheat! Hopefully he will recieve his animals and jimmy will send them out and make all right. You never know maybe he is a kid and he has some beardies that he has gotten to breed and his mother helps him out with packing and stuff, we could only imagine! Unfortunatley not everyone knows someone and it is so hard these days to weed out the crooks from the good guys. This can go either way still! But my advise is if you do not recieve your animals by the time his mother has now promised you contact paypal!!!! Don't wait too long because you will end up losing your rights in this matter, hopefully you will recieve your animals though and we will not have to even worry about that. Well good luck and I hope all works out for you in this case!
 
UPDATE

I want everyone to know this was just an inquiry and i am not saying anyhing bad about these people at this point. I don't want this thread to get out of hand and have people threatening law suits. I just wanted to buy some dragons to supply my customers this week. I negotiated the transaction and sent the money promptly and was hoping to receive what i paid for in the same manner. Now i am just waiting for the animals. As i said, i spoke with someone last night that assured me they would get shipped for tomorrow, so we will see.

Thanks
 
Jimmy

:D I have not had one bad experience. Actually I have talked to him numerous times and he has always bent over backwards to help out. He really takes care of his animals. He has had a room built into a three car garage which houses all his 150+ lizards, his snake, pacman frog (huge), leopard geckos, etc. It is something to see!!! Better than a pet store!!! He has done alot in the last 4 or 5 years and he has bought from some of the top breeders. He has invested alot of time and money into what he has. I have actually seen his set up and it is more than most pet stores. He has alot of time into what he has and deserves alot of credit!!!! We all started somewhere... if you happen to watch the news you might catch him - about what they have done for the endangered steelhead. He is somewhat particular on who he sells to and does not like to ship if he feels it will endanger the animal. He is only looking out for the best interest of the animal and everyone's investment. No one likes DOA's.... :D :D
 
Back
Top