• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Jimmy (e-mail : [email protected]) inquiry

Jimmy

:D I have not had one bad experience. Actually I have talked to him numerous times and he has always bent over backwards to help out. He really takes care of his animals. He has had a room built into a three car garage which houses all his 150+ lizards, his snake, pacman frog (huge), leopard geckos, etc. It is something to see!!! Better than a pet store!!! He has done alot in the last 4 or 5 years and he has bought from some of the top breeders. He has invested alot of time and money into what he has. I have actually seen his set up and it is more than most pet stores. He has alot of time into what he has and deserves alot of credit!!!! We all started somewhere... if you happen to watch the news you might catch him - about what they have done for the endangered steelhead. He is somewhat particular on who he sells to and does not like to ship if he feels it will endanger the animal. He is only looking out for the best interest of the animal and everyone's investment. No one likes DOA's.... :D :D

Denise Lund
Divadragons
 
Wow! The same day Ms. Lund registers here she finds the one thread the subject of which she knows personally? That is really, really fortunate, I must say.

He has helped "them" do what "they" have done for the endangered stealhead (trout?)! Amazing!!! An accomplished amateur herpetologist AND ichthyologist all rolled into one at such an early age?!?!? This wunderkind ought to be an example to us all!

I'm sure his rude behavior and hs mother's legal threatenings are just the type of quirks that one shoulld expect from true genius. I'm sure it has nothing to do with a young man being in over his head, striking out at those who question his abilities, or a mother protecting her son! It just couldn't be that . . . No way!

Thanks, Ms. Lund! I needed that post! :D
 
No I did not talk to anyone today. I live in Sacramento, which it takes me about 1.5 hours to 2 hours to get to where Jimmy is. I traded a couple of dragons with Jimmy. I bought a few of his babies a few weeks ago and have been very pleased with there color and health.

I am sure you all will be quite impressed with what he has. I have been over to his house a couple of times and he has spectacular dragons.

I know their last name is Kilker and that his mom does have the same name as I. Which I have 3 other friends with the same name.

Denise Lund
Sacramento
 
What no one can have a nice comment???? I am sure there are others out there that have had good experiences, look at his rep with PayPal. That is proof of its own.

Denise Lund
Sacramento
 
i hate to break your heart but paypal as a reference is rather a scary concept in itself..you have no idea what that company is capable of..take it from me for whatever its worth.
 
Denise,

Not that I am saying anything bad about you or questioning your comments but this comment
look at his rep with PayPal. That is proof of its own.
That is not a bad rep with paypal but is by far any proof of anything as far as a good rep. He has been using Paypal almost as long as I have been as you can see by our Reputation comparisons below. He very well may be a good kid but the way he has handled himself to others (including myself) shows different. If he wants to become something he should act professional. His comments to myself and others were unnecessary comments. All he would have to say if he did not like the animals was Sorry But I am not interested. Instead he makes comments like "They are ugly" "They are Dull" "They are not Large enough"


About [email protected]:

To protect your security, PayPal offers information on the status of this member.

Seller Reputation: (8) Verified Buyers
Account Status: Verified
Account Type: Premier
Account Creation Date: June 20, 2000
PayPal Member For: 2 years 8 months


About RK Reptiles:

To protect your security, PayPal offers information on the status of this member.

Seller Reputation: (101) Verified Buyers
Account Status: Verified
Account Type: Business
Account Creation Date: March 14, 2000
PayPal Member For: 3 years
 
look at his rep with PayPal. That is proof of its own.
Actually that doesn't prove anything. If it is his account (and not his parents) it means he has sold eight items in over two years. (and those items could have been his power ranger figures on Ebay) ;)

He is somewhat particular on who he sells to and does not like to ship if he feels it will endanger the animal.
Why isn't he that selective about who he takes money from? Are you implying that is the reason the beardeds haven't been shipped yet.

Get your money back from Paypal ASAP!!! There are too many reputable people selling beardeds to put up with this kind of nonsense.
Here's a link you are going to need....
Good luck,
Chris Raden
 
What no one can have a nice comment????

Absolutely. Read Darin's post after your initial post. It is indeed very odd that you just found this board the same day you posted this. It seems to always happen when kids get in over their head. He may be over 18, but he's still a kid to me judging by his actions. Perhaps you can have him scan one of the newspaper articles about what he has done for the endangered steelhead. If it was on the news surely it was in the local paper too. A pic of him in his wonderful pet store quality reptile room would be helpful too. One where he is holding a piece of paper with his name on it would be great, since we know he likes to borrow other people's pics from the internet. These are just some suggestions if he wants to keep his reputation afloat, otherwise I'm afraid it's about over before it ever gets started.
 
As mentioned before I am a buyer and somewhat of a friend and enjoy talking to Jimmy. It is sad that you people have nothing better to do than to slam someone constantly.

Denise Lund
Sacramento
 
UPDATE

Denise, i did not intend this thread to be here to slam Jimmy. I was looking for input from people who have purchased from him in the past so i could get an idea of how he conducted business. If you have read the entire thread you will see what i have been going through here. I feel everyone should be entitled to breed, enjoy and sell reptiles if they wish, but when you sell them there is a certain responsibility to conduct business in a professional manner. I have not been provided this courtesy. I have e-mailed three times in the past day and a half looking for a tracking number for animals that i paid for last Sunday. I was told they would have been shipped for today and i have not received any response what so ever, nor have the animals arrived at my door. It is only 10:30am here so maybe they will come this morning and if they do i will post another reply. For now i am frustrated. I am loosing sales and would have been better off giving my money to someone else that could have provided me with what i needed this week.

I also would like to address this

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He is somewhat particular on who he sells to and does not like to ship if he feels it will endanger the animal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been in this business for over 15 years and am well respected. I have bred and sold countless numbers of animals over that period of time. I am an accomplished author with a book and many articles to my credit in 3 leading reptile magazines. There are not many people who can better care for these animals. Now i supply pet stores with the highest quality animals available. I pack and ship dozens of boxes per week which are sent all over the country with no problems, so if packed properly there should be no question about endangering these animals. I really do not think i had to explain myself here, but i thought you should know i am not just someone new to this stuff trying to make a stink.

As i said before, i am not saying these are bad people, i am just concerned about the way this deal was handled. It is not good for business in general and certainly not good for this industry.

Hopefully this matter will be rectified soon
 
I do not really think there was any "slamming" or out of hand behavior until Jimmy's mom, Denise called me screaming her head off calling us all liars and saying that she is suing us.

All we did was respond to an inquiry on a person with our experiences. No one said they had been scammed by him, no one accused him of not having animals, we were just relaying similar experiences in behavior/demeaner. In fact, I thought they were somewhat light hearted, until Jimmy's mom flew off the handle.
She felt very strongly, as Divadragons does, that she needed to prove that he had a lot of animals, had spent tons of money, and bought from 'big breeders' like Sandfire (who hasnt in the beardie world). I do not know why since none of us ever said that he didnt have animals, we were just discussing the way he had dealt with us which is completely valid.

For Jimmy's mom, we needed to offer "proof" that he acted this way or she would not believe any of it and sue us. Unfortunately for her, if she reads the statutes, she will find that in order to win a slander lawsuit, the burden of proof lies on her to prove that what we are all saying is false and was said with malice.
I think we were all honest and this is the most ridiculous lawsuit threat I've ever heard on this board. I mean look at what it is over! If she had left it alone, this thread would have ended and fallen to the bottom quite fast (unless Allen doesnt get his dragons of course--but I think he will).

I think everyone really needs to drop it.
As for people saying good things--well, it appears that no one here has bought from him or had a good experience except Divadragons. So Divadragons' experience will have to function as support. That is the way it works. Readers can make up their own minds.

BTW, I did just forward a message from Jimmy to Chris Allen where he used his photo :)

And none of us knew Jimmy's age until she yelled at me about picking on a kid--dont know if he's 17 or 18 though--she said both at different times.

Dana
 
Not to mention Allen, this has been the best shipping week in MONTHS! I've been thrilled to have this weather for shipping all week.
And it is a shame that Chris Allen can get 13 emails from Jimmy's mom in a matter of hours, but you cannot get one and they have your money.
If it was a matter of weather concerns, the shipper emails or calls the person right away to let them know.

I do think you will get your animals--Heck, these people have made it quite apparent that they have money (17 year old with a reptile room in a 3-car garage and $1000 animals) and after all this I cannot imagine them not making good on a deal.

But let us know!

Dana
 
So, you want a nice comment? Well, I guess it is good that this young man has you for a friend. How's that?

Seriously, this kid is well-known for being rude, using other people's pictures, having his mother fight his battles for him, and now, he has taken $700 from Allen and (so far) failed to ship in the very best weather conditions seen thus far this calendar year! If weather concerns were of such a great issue to this youngster, why take Allen's money in the first place?

Now, someone that I have never heard of (and that means nothing, except that you have no sustainable credibility built up over a long period of time here . . .that's all) comes to this site, registers, finds this thread on the very same day, and then ONLY posts here? I'm sorry, but I have just seen this paradigm too many times to chalk it up to coincidence. Either you are related to the young man in some way, or you have been asked to come to this site (by him or his mother) to post in his defence. Either way, your testimony is less than convincing, because you have an obvious bias.

Folks, you can take or leave this bit of BOI wisdom as you see fit, but ANY time I have EVER seen ANYONE start the screaming about lawyers and slander/libel lawsuits, THAT individual is not to be dealt with on ANY level. I could not care less if this kid had the very first neon lighted dragons in the world that cleaned their own cages and had 200 babies per year via spontaneous, non-sexual replication . . . I would not buy from him or his mother based on this thread alone.
 
ya know..back in my day..the last thing we ever wanted to do is advertise what we had and where we had it..
:) it just all kinda makes me wonder..
its almost like these people are drawing a map with an x marks the spot on it.
tell me..does he have good security on the garage or is there any chance the purchased dragons will have miraculously disappeared meanwhile.
i tend to agree with the person that made the point about why the moms can answer the calls etc but cant give an estimated time of arrival on the lizards..
:(
some of these people must think we all fell of turnip trucks at the first sign of dawn.
 
Actually yes I was called as a reference and a friend. Is there any harm in that??? Do you help your friends???

And the reality of the matter is this Allen guy knew exactly what time of day it is... he actually reversed the money Tuesday night and was told Sunday Jimmy was not shipping on Monday. Do you ship with NO money????

The other was refunded this morning and there is NO deal we do not do business with these types of people. He has been contacted on several occassions no matter who calls business is business. I am happy to here that we have some perfect people as yourselves in the world.

Speaking of age??? To my understanding Chris Allen is not much older than Jimmy!!!!

Denise Lund
Sacramento
 
So, there we have it. The ONLY person who has good things to say about Jimmy in this thread, is the friend who was called and asked to post on his behalf. My, but that should carry a LOT of weight in the final analysis!

Perfection? Hardly, but I don't have to ask people to come here and defend me against a multitude of bad guy reports. The reason is because I have never messed any body over or been rude to them for no reason whatsoever.

Thanks for participating, Ms. Lund. It was fun!

;)
 
Well aren't you just special!!! Nobody came to anybody's defense. I came here and read was being said I have a right to participate just as you do... I have never had a bad experience and out of my experience have meet someone close to me who I can trust and get nice animals from. Is that so wrong????

Denise Lund
Sacramento

Don't you have anything better to do all day??? Do you work????
 
Back
Top