• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

OMG! Going Downhill FAST!

SPJ said:
I don't know how or when I could repay any funds so I have to decline.
Thanks again for the generous offers.
I dunno about anyone else, but who said anything about paying anything back? A gift is a gift, it's what people who care about you do.

edit: That'll teach me not to read all the posts before I post! Looks like everyone else in in consensus.
 
Steve, I have to agree - take the donations - donations mean just that - not loans, donations. Put down your pride (not meant in a negative connotation) and get this guy to Dr. Stahl as quickly as possible and accept the gifts that this community wants to give you to help this animal.

Today, I personally can't make a donation (unexpected car repairs that drained my wallet as well) but in another few weeks, if there's a way to send Dr. Stahl my DONATION towards the cost of the surgery and month of recovery, I'd like to do so as well!
 
Steve, think of it this way if it makes it easier (I've a lot of stiff necked pride myself). If the snake community wants to donate to cover part or all of this surgery and in the end Dr. Stahl is able to help your snake and diagnose what went on with all this - well that information may help another person's very sick snake down the road.

Take the donations in the spirit they are given, Steve. You know you'd be trying to help if this awful situation was happening to one of us.
 
ill be dead one day and my money will then be gone, help me spend it before its too late :) no refund needed
 
if you choose to have the surgery done people will help (someone please PM me if that's the case~ I don't pay enough attention and may miss it if the donations are accepted).

BUT~ EVERYONE~
Lets do remember that surgery is EXPENSIVE and while a lot of people have said they would help~ Steve would be the one financially responsible for whatever does not get covered with donations. And while I'm sure everyone has the best of intentions......you know how life goes and that some people will just flake out (Nothing personal to anyone here~ but you know I'm right) Steve would be responsible for that money even if someone else had volunteered it and then flaked out.

So lets all agree~
Steve~ if you want to do this we would like to help. If you want to humanely euthanize the animal I can certainly see why you would make that choice and I hope everyone else does as well.

someone PM me with donation address if he does the surgery~ I have company in town and only get here 5 min a day right now.
 
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM said:
someone PM me with donation address
Thank you but there is no donation address. Dr. Stahl does not have a paypal account setup.
 
Ultimately only you can decide what to do, Steve. I would not want to face the decision you are facing now.

Just know that you have friends here (even though you've never met some of them). Friends that care.

I know you've already chalked up quite a bill and you're going to need more meds. If you find in the future you need help with that, I'd be glad to help with that too. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
 
Didn't realize that this was posted here also, or I would have responded sooner.

I am glad that you seemed to have found a competent Vet for your critter. Like I mentioned elsewhere, it needs to be opened up, and all that caseous debris removed. It will keep recurring otherwise.

I'd like to help out if I can. I just went through this last year with Aurora. Any info or anything I can offer to help you through this, just speak up.

Good luck Bro. You decide to change your mind about the financial help, I'm good for $100 as well. :yesnod: Least I can do.


Keep us posted.
Rick

{EDIT} It was '06 I think, not last year. Ooops!
 
Update from today.
My vet has been in touch with Dr. Stahl and decided to prescribe anti-inflammatory and pain meds now. My vet says drain it, Dr Stahl says surgery and scrape everything out not just drain it. No concensus even though Dr. Stahl was willing to explain what procedure to do and how to do it to my vet.
I need to make a decision by tomorrow if he goes to Dr. Stahl so the surgery can be done asap. At least the little guy perked up a bit tonight. He hissed at me when I check on him. :D He was very lethargic yesterday.
Still not sure what to do. The surgery may or may not work and it comes back again, he could die under the anethesia, he could die in transport from the stress, the meds may still kick in and help him, draining may work..........This sucks......too many things to consider.
 
Mooing Tricycle said:
If youre going to do anything, get everything removed. Draining it does not sound like its helping.
It hasn't been drained, yet, Moo. (poking a needle in to see what comes out doesn't count).
Steve knows that draining it has to include scraping the crud out, and that it will not be a one time thing.
 
Hey Steve,
I just moved to Virginia down by Dr. Stahl, if you end up sending him down let me know if there's anything I can do, I can hold onto him post surgery if that would help.
Good luck with him.
-Tom
 
Steve I would try and give you something if you wanted to do the surgery. No repayment needed. If you decided not to do it, he will be in my prayers (and so will you). Good luck, I hope for the best.
 
Back
Top