• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Why do people....... More.....

Nothing at all marcia, but just dont ask gregg that question, he'll tell you that chats evolve too. But really it just changed because someone made an off-topic statement.
 
No, it doesn't have anything to do with the original topic...buts its still interesting...at any rate...to answer how humans evolved from unicellular organisms...lets start with prokaryotes becoming eukaryotes...This I know isn't known for sure...but its believed that bacterial cells started with other bacterial cells infecting it, but the "infection" became beneficial to both cells and thus organelles developed (or something along those lines...I don't remember exactly). Once eukaryotic cells developed they of course divide...which puts them in a kind of group if none are blown away or anything and eventually they come to survive better in a cooperating group of cells...this cooperating group of cells is basically a tissue...then some mutation randomly occurs and now there are two types of cells...and its beneficial for them to cooperate...thus organisms with multiple tissues developed. ...hmm...having trouble remembering the whole theory...well at any rate...then things got more advanced and animals with very simple organs developed...then they gradually gained more specific organs, and more structures...eventually organ systems developed...and its just a matter of basic evolution from there to get to humans....branching from common ancestors with new things developing and things that no longer have uses regressing... Makes a lot more sense to me than everything just randomly appearing all at once and never changing but still somehow having genetic information that allows for change....
 
Anti-evolution = pro-creation..... Unfortunatly there is not a single bit of scientific proof that creation occured..... Now there are many things that prove evolution occured..... I just do not see how one can believe stories written in a book thousands of years ago by uneducated people.....

Now I have a question..... Do any of you believe that sloths just appeared with their organs upside down or did they evolve that way???? I would have to say they evolved that way being that their anccestors were ground dwellers that walked upright at times..... What does this have to do with the topic???? Nothing at all..... Just a simple example of evolution.....

As Flava flave once said, "Dont believe the hype".... LOL
 
I also read something in that new link..... Universal flood???? O I see, in other words, "Noahs Arc"....... LOL..... The universal flood theory has already been proven wrong over and over again......
 
GeckoPalace said:
Ok i know we are already past this subject but here is a site that is not religion based, it is just evidence that evolution could not have happened. http://emporium.turnpike.net/C/cs/top.htm
There was absolutely no evidence found on this site. It was all supported by theory proposed by other creationists. There were no actual scientific studies to be found in their works cited. It was all just books by other creationists. And yes it was religion based. There is no such thing as a non-religious anti-evolutionist/creationist, because the only reason to ignore the evidence of evolution is if it conflicts with the teachings of a religion.
 
Ophis said:
I dress mine up in doll cloths and throw birthday parties and stuff!
Hey awesome idea. How about if my kiddos come to your kiddos parties and yours come to mine. maybe we can hire a clown and do pony rides too.
 
Sorry i know i know OT, but hey....

Sorry, i know my input might anger some of you, because my views are totally different.

Evolution happened. Man (Homo-Sapian SP?)has been dated to 200,000 years now in a newly published report.

To me i find it impossible to believe a story of "god" who magically created all these planets and people animals, insects, fish, plants.... Stories in the bible of magic and crazy stuff, but yet within the 2,000 years of other non-bible documentation even talk about anything like that. If adam and eve were the first people on earth, then we are all related to one another. Adam and eve had kids they had kids and so one, but no new blood??? i doubt it.

take a look at austrailia, they are the key to where evolution began. Aborigine (sp?) if i'm correct means orignal man. Alot of other things suggest that man started in austrailia then migrated to everywhere in the world from there. This is why there are pyrimids in egypt and similar ones in south america, both originating at the same time in history.

Look at the mammals. the palatypus, if thats not a sign of evolution gone wrong i dont know what is. there is another animal rare in its form, but still exist to this day in new zealand. It's called the Tuatara its a lizard who's cousins died off in the triasic dinosaur period. Its has sexual organs like a bird and other features that are only present in amphibians. Heck they are finding fish in the deep deep blue sea who were only present when dinosaurs were roaming this earth too.

if we ourselves are not proof of evolution i dont know what is. Early man was brutal, would bash your head in faster than anything else. Barely capable of any communication, nor understanding. 200,000 years later Were planning on travelling to mars.

Here is another food for thought
http://www.txtwriter.com/Onscience/Articles/losos.html
http://www.anole.net/ecomorph.html
http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3acf215a53b6.htm
Darwinism proven in the anole's. talks about how anoles evolved independantly on seperate islands.

Sorry, if i offended anyone with this post's it is not my intention. I'm just a big believer in evolution versus creation and i felt i had to post these points. Since we are all reptile freaks and all.

If there are any type o's i apoligize its 7:00 am here and i just got back in from the hospital and i'm very tired now.
 
If you all are going to argue about evolution and creation neither can be proved 100%. So please be courteous of everyone’s views and beliefs. Anyways here is my two cents. I used to believe in creation since I grew up in a church going family. Right now I have my bachelors in biology and I have traveled to several different South American countries (Peru, Cuba, Costa Rica to name a few) and have seem extensive similarities/differences with many of the local wildlife that is here in the US.

I would have to say that I DO believe that things evolve. Seeing how similar yet different some of these animals are (not to mention what they look like after human intervention) further supports evolution. But keep in minds that that does not disprove those who believe in the creation theory. I do not know what started life but I find it hard to believe that life or any type of order came from an explosion. Remember that life gives life and I have never heard of a story of life coming from an inanimate object


Chris
 
Can't have it both ways Chris,

To accept the christian origin of life mythos is to believe we were created in the forms we are currently. Intelligent creator, perfect being.... all that jazz.


Personally I think we are all just brains in specimen jars kept alive through artificial means and have probes implanted to keep us in a state of perpetual dreaming.

Try and disprove that.
 
Bringerofdoom said:
Look at the mammals. the palatypus, if thats not a sign of evolution gone wrong i dont know what is.


Actually, that would not only be a sign that God exists, but that s/he has a sense of humour :raspberry
 
I think that both creation and evolution have their pros and cons. For you to say that things do not "evolve" or lets just say "change" is just ignorant. Animals divided by something as simple as a river or a canyon show a great deal of divesity over a period of time. There is scientific proof that things "change" when they are seperated by some geological barrier. Small animals tend to become large when stuck on an island (komodo dragon, galopagoes tortise, elephant bird). And large animals tend to become smaller (pygmy elephant, and that new pygmy "man" they have found). Things do change, humans now are much bigger than we were in only a few hundred years. Imagine what can change in a few million. All my point is, is that things change and if you breed leopard geckos you can see that everytime you selectivly breed them. All this is , is an accelerated natural "change".
 
Can't have it both ways Chris,

To accept the christian origin of life mythos is to believe we were created in the forms we are currently. Intelligent creator, perfect being.... all that jazz.
Why is that?......people can't come up with their own beliefs?... lol There are plenty of people who believed God created the first life and everything has evolved from there. People can believe whatever the heck they want.
 
This is not ment to attack you Steven. Just to be clear on that I am just stating what I have seen when it comes down to this touchy subject.
 
I can believe I read most of this thread.........


Who do I have to sue to get back the past hour or so of my life???? :(
 
I can believe I read most of this thread.........


Who do I have to sue to get back the past hour or so of my life????

Mabye Austin Stevens? You know, the "Snake Master". Just sue him so we don't have to watch anymore his garbage and we can watch something better.

Can't have it both ways Chris,

To accept the christian origin of life mythos is to believe we were created in the forms we are currently. Intelligent creator, perfect being.... all that jazz.

Why not? Thats just like saying saying your only allowed to have either ketchup or mustard on a hotdog, but not both... I am not a 100% evolutionist and i am also not 100% for creationism, im more of a "god made the universe and made life to some extent and it evoloved from there" kind of guy.
 
Mabye Austin Stevens? You know, the "Snake Master". Just sue him so we don't have to watch anymore his garbage and we can watch something better.
HAHAHA....he's so gonna get himself killed one of these days.... give me more "animal cop" shows.............. and some Jeff Corwin and I'd be happy ;) hehe...
 
E2MacPets said:
Can't have it both ways Chris,

To accept the christian origin of life mythos is to believe we were created in the forms we are currently. Intelligent creator, perfect being.... all that jazz.


Personally I think we are all just brains in specimen jars kept alive through artificial means and have probes implanted to keep us in a state of perpetual dreaming.

Try and disprove that.

So, Steven, given the choice would you take the red pill or the blue one?
 
Back
Top